Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Social Security is a JOKE

ToYoungforThisTToYoungforThis Posts: 150
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:23 AM in Matters of the Heart
Like I haven't been threw enough. Still almost 3 years later I'm still fighting with SSI/SSD. I have letters from Dr. stating that I shouldn't work still needing more surgeries and lots of continued care.

BUT SSD thinks I'm ok or atleast don't give a EDITED. My case came up for review and still no answer just that it was sent back to the orignal Judge cause he missed something. What the **** is that suppose to mean.

While they are taking their sweet time I have lost EVERYTHING. I had a good job in auto finance and was always financially stable. well not being able to work and go threw surgeries and pain I have lost it all. My home, my income my freedome from pain. Not to mention how bad this is hurting my kids. Oh yeah did I mention that I went threw divorce also so it just me and my kids.

I guess I don't understand how it could be so hard for me go get SSD when I have so so much medical documents and found out my medical bills have totalled almost 1.3 MILLION DOLLARS in 3 years. LOL how am I suppose to survive or even try to work when I can't even take care of my daily needs. LOL Social Security is a joke. BUT when they took out money for SSI they didn't wait years to take their money, what is going on.

just so stressed and depressed whats next!
advertisement

Comments

• By the way I have tried to work a few different times, 1 time I spent 3 days in hospital, another time I had surgery 10 days later. I even have letters from dealerships that if I could do the job duties that I would be employeed there. Nothing sucks more than knowing there are job oppertunites for me, but my great medical conditions keep me from doing the simplest things.

• After 2 years and 3 appeals I finally hired an attorney and got an appointment with an Administrative Law Judge. I have Multiple Sclerosis as well as the ruptured disc. When I saw the judge I had to answer a few questions but he had already decided before I came in that my benefits would be awarded, he just needed clarification of a date that I began my MS medication. My attorney got 25% of my money but I believe that it helped to have one. Don't give up!!
    Saima
  • advertisement
  • I just can't give up my spine is shot and I'm only 30, they are just so messed up on their system. Their reason for my 1st denial was my sergeon died and they didn't get the info they needed from him. lol get real another Dr. was more than willing to fill out papers after reading my med file.

Now they are not saying no but the judge missed something in my file now its back at orignial judge, hopefully its soon. . thanks for the suppport. I would be more than fine if I could just get my benifets then I could just consentrate on getting to a stopping point in surgeries that is to just be left alone for a few.

Going on 8 surgeries in 2 1/2 yrs is just flat out crazy.
  • :) don't give up. remember that your SSD is retroactive. they do make you go through the wringer!! once you get it you have it!!! good luck and keep pushing ahead!! Jenny :)
  • Here in England we have an appeals procedure and I also lost my job at the age of 33 with three young children. Here they use a points system and you may be able to clarify your status and view the content of the report that specifically relates to your case. Here we have initial access to free legal service and the provision of these benefits have a specific time scale that they are mandated to work under.

I know your system is different and try to get some advice of what to do next, I fully understand the frustration when you are trying your very best and it’s not going well.

Keep strong for those children, the walking thing made me smile.

Take care and be kind to yourself and keep us updated on your progress.

John

• advertisement
  • thank you guys so much for you support and responces. I just want to be able to provide for my family and heal and it so depressin watching how things jus go down hill with out be able to control.

but I will keep smiling for the kids and keep fighting to make it day by day.

once again thank you!
  • It may be that there is a question as to the date your disability actually began. Maybe (just maybe) the judge did not go back far enough? Hey, it could happen!

And, yes - your benefits are retro active and will begin the date your disability began.

Also, your children are eligible as well (not SSI benefits, but the social security disability for sure). Those who are 18 and under (19 if in college or still in school) or who were 18 and under at the time you became disabled.

When you get your approval letter contact the social security office where you applied and start a claim for them. Have their dates of birth, social security numbers and complete names available when you do.

How much would/could they receive? That depends. Each year you should receive from social security (SSA) a "Earnings Statement" that tells you how much you have paid in to the system. If you've never received one, you can contact SSA (800-772-1213 or go to ssa.gov) and request one. There shoudl be an amount for if you were to become disabled - that's what YOU will receive. There is also a Family Benefit Amount.

Good luck! Like John said "Never give up; Never give in!"

Jeaux
  • Well here is an update

I finally found out why my case was sent back to the orignal judge. They said the appeals office agreed with my appeal and since I filed a new claim they are having the same judge revew the cases together and give the new decision.

I took my daughter down to the office with me when I demanded to get some info since everytime I callled no one knew anything. But I was so mad at them I told the lady took look at my dughter and told her she is 3years old my case started when she was 4 months old. She looked at my file at said she would have the judge look at it very soon,

So I will keep waiting and hopefully soon.

• I hope you get it sorted soon. The system is hard no matter where you are, I think there are too many ppl playing it and then it makes it real hard for genuine folk like us.

I have a mate who tried to claim (failed) but has never even had a single ESI. How silly is that?

Keep going, it'll turn out right in the end. >:D<

p.s Have you got yourself a file and copies of the reports etc? I have, in cronological order in case I need to appeal / prove anything at any given time. This back thing is a long old do and you'll soon forget times. ;)
  • :) Yipee! <:P perhaps this is just the break you needed to speed things up. i have my fingers crossed for you and hope you get your decision any day now. :W Jenny :)
advertisement