Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

Surgery/ Hurricane Ike

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,578
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:23 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I am scheduled for my 2nd neck surgery Tuesday 9/9 also Hurricane Ike is scheduled around the same time, I am in Central Florida on the east coast, as it is now the hurricane is maybe gonna make landfall in south florida around Miami...anyway I am double stressed, thinking maybe I should wait for the surgery....my sister says the hospital is a safe place to be....any suggestions as to what yall might do? I am sooooo tired of this pain, I had bonegraft in 1sr surgery but it is now fractured and I have more nerve pain and spasams, my forst surgery was thru the front of my neck and this one is gonna go thru the back of my neck, I have ZERO pain tolerance and I have heard this surgery is alot more painful. Sorry for the rambling on I am just real nerveous and scared. Thanks for listening.............



  • Tammy , sweetie don't apologize , you ramble all you want....that is one of the reasons that this place is so great. As far as , should you go ahead with surgery well , that is something that you and your doctor need to discuss...you two are in a better place to make that decision. Whatever you decide to do then please keep us posted. I live on the coast so I understand your fears , if there is anything that I can help you with or if you just want to talk them shoot me a PM and I will respond as soon as I see that it is there. Wishing you all the best....take care....Miki
  • tamela- I would ask the dr if he has any concerns with the next hurricane..I think hospitals are equipped with back-up generators and will cancel all surgeries if there is any safety risk..I had a pre-op visit on 9-11 and I called my dr <):) and he was not worried..I saw him on 9-11 and had surgery 2 days later... :) jade
  • advertisement
  • I would talk to your Dr. about your concerns and let him know what you're feeling. They are right, all hospitals have back up generators and such. I've never been in weather like that, so I can't tell you not to worry - but definatly talk with your Dr. GOOD LUCK to you in your surgery. Update us as soon as you can! ;)
  • cindy- I hope the surgery goes well as it looks like Ike won't get there till wed or thurs...take care..jade
Sign In or Register to comment.