Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

October/November Upcoming Surgeries Post your story here!! :)

Comments

• Hi Lo, i am having that procedure in October. it's called a 360 fusion.
    When are you scheduled for yours?
  • I am scheduled for lower back surgery on October 14, 2008.

I will be having bilateral work done on L4-L5. (Laminectomy and Disconectomy)

Hurt back May 2007.
  • advertisement
  • October 16, gotta be there for 7:00am. What about you?? Is yours at L4-L5 too, or which level/s?
  • mine is L4-L5-S1. i had a microdiscectomy in '06 which did nothing. i've had about 6 steroid injections which gave temporary relief. so, i just decided enough is enough and i schedule the procedure. had a discogram and mri and it shows the L5/S1 disc is pretty much gone. ick!!
  • Well, I just got my call today. The hospital called & my surgery has beed scheduled for Oct 1st. I'm having a ALIF with a bone graft for L1 S5.

I've been waiting for this, but now that it's so soon, I'm freaked out.

Kristie
  • advertisement
  • Hiya,
    It will give you a new lease of life! Good Luck! 8}

Angie x
  • Hiya dave,
    I had that done. Good Luck! :)

Angie x
  • Hiya Kriste,
    Stay calm, you will be fine. All the Best!

Angie x
  • Good luck :) Are you having hardware in the front or the back?
  • anyone hear how it went for teri? I am in awful pain again today. I went on 50 tid lyrica two weeks ago and it really helped. Then major pain for the weekend. Was switched to 75 tid last Monday night. Good relief and now again today (Sunday) horrible achy siatica. No idea what to do next! I am already feeling bloated at this dosage and don't want to increase. My disc hardening surgery was supposed to be on October 7 and I just got a call on Friday that it was pushed off to the 14. In one week I am traveling from nj to San fran which will not be fun if I am still in pain. I am also taking flexiral at might and naproxen twice a day and oxy this weekend. Any thoughts?
advertisement