Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

7 weeks post op

Comments

• Well of course I caved and looked at my xrays. As far as fusion who knows, I can't tell. The vertebral end plates look kinda white compared to the other levels. My cage is radiolucent too, but it has tiny little dots that show up. It seems to be in place. I was wearing sweat capri's so they said I didn't need to take them off, well, woops, there are 2 shiny metal brads where the string goes through the waiste showing up right on top of my hardware. The radiologist said it was okay, just don't do it again :D
  • Funny! I would not have thought of that either! They made me take off my pants and they put me in a gown.
  • advertisement
  • I had my 5 1/2 week follow up last Thursday, and I also will have my restrictions in place for at least 3 months. The only changes are:

- I can now lift up to 10 pounds
    - I can drive when not on pain meds
    - I am now in a soft corset back brace
    - I can swim

My doctor gave me a CD with x-rays from my first appt. pre-surgery and post-surgery from the latest appointment. All I had to do was ask.

I have also filled out the proper paperwork to get a CD from the hospital with my MRI on it.
  • They gave me a disc too-I asked for an extra copy and they ended up giving me 2-? My doc still wants me in the hard brace, I can lift my "purse"-that is all. Oh and I can drive short distances-since I traded in my stick shift for an automatic :(.
  • Oh! YOu should share you xray pics! I like seeing them!! Mine is my profile pic.
  • advertisement
  • I just returned from my neurosurgeon and I have a miniscule amount of bone growth occurring! I still have the no bending, lifting or twisting restrictions. However, I can begin weaning myself out of the brace and I can start physical therapy. If everything looks fine after my next check-up in four weeks, I can return to my job as a high school science teacher just in time to start second quarter! Yippee Skippee!
  • <:P Way to go bbcrazy. I had my surgery 6/28 and am way behind you in healing. Good job :jawdrop:
advertisement