Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

urgent!! manner!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,578
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:23 AM in Health Insurance Issues
Hello, My name is Misty and I hate being on Workers Comp and dealing with my work! Every since I had my accident they have been watching me like a hawk. Just recently I was told to resign from work (after 3 years and training a person to help me not to take my job) because I broke a rule and didn't know about it. Yhat is stupid to me they
could have giving me a warning but not they tell me to resign.

***Now my question is.
Will I still get my disability checks from Workers Comp.? Or is my medical treatment still covered under worker comp.?

I had put in a call to my adjuster but he hasn't called me yet.

Now I'm out trying to find another job that will take me due to being on workers comp.. Its hard because work places don't want an injured person to deal with and to accomadate!

What should I do now any advice will help me?

I already went to the unemployment office and filed a claim.

Thanks for helping me!


  • Get a lawyer.....
  • You SHOULD get your WC dis. checks unless you ARE fired~they can ask you to resign but they cannot make you resign..if you resigned that would make it simple for them.

    bigcat gave you the best advice though,in the end you will more than likely need an attorney if they are already wanting your resignation.

    I don't think that you can collect unemployment or even open a claim while you are still recieving WC.Your medical & benefits should still be covered until/unless you are fired/resigned.

    I would talk to a lawyer as bigcat suggested.Loopholes,laws,etc.,I'm certainly no expert and quite frankly I've been out of the workforce for quite some time and do not know the supposed 'rule' you broke.Not that it would even matter...I still would be clueless.

    *I hope that you get things figured out though,I've heard tales about WC~Not all bad and some not so good... :??
  • advertisement
  • Whatever you do, don't quit. Good advice is to get a lawyer.
  • If i was in your shoes i would learn the laws in your state. Each state has different laws. In some states if the rule you broke has anything to do with your injury then they can reduce your compensation as well as not pay the medical. As far as leaving the job i would not recommend you to do that. If you don't find another job they may say your refusing to return to the work force. Work comp is a very frustrating experience and is difficult to give you direct answers by not knowing the laws in your state. Good luck and hope it all works out.
  • I was pushed into resigning from work and I did but soon after I met with a laywer and he told me that we are suing them for everything they got!

    He also wanted me to keep up with the work status of searching for a job so I can show the Workers' Comp board that I am looking for a job but can't get one due to my injury. Will tell more later I go a dr appt. this morning my back is getting worse.
  • advertisement
Sign In or Register to comment.