Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Workin

Comments

• It is exciting.............! ;)
  • Sorry I am not answering your questions,what ever I say apparently is not what you all want to hear. People have too many negative outlooks on my issues. I won't give any more ammunition.
  • advertisement
  • It probably is true for the most part, we will see how things work out. I am sure I will be fine as frog hair split 3 ways!
  • when is your surgery? Will you be posting on the outcome when you are out of surgery? I will be very curious to get updates from you on how you're doing and when you actually go back to work??? I am very curious also to see how your strength plays out. I truly hope it does and you do not cause any problems with your fusion while so committed to your job. I truly hope all goes well for you. My Dr. told me (one level fusion) possibly two we don't know until 10/13 MRI results), I would be in a hard collar for 6 weeks. Off work for about 2-3 weeks and driving when comfortable.

GOOD LUCK to you. Please keep us posted.
  • Sorry that you won't give out any answers. We cannot help you here if you don't. But that is your own personal opinion.
    I was not being rude, cruel or uncaring in my post.
    I wanted to know a little bit more of your background that was all.
    Alot of us have it posted in our signatures as you can see at the bottom of mine.
    It just gives others a better prospective of what is going on with you. So that we can help you as a patient and a person.

All any of us are doing is telling you what has happened with us or what can happen when it comes to spinal fusions and going back to your "norm" life afterwards.That is all.

Enough said. Good luck in your surgery and recovery process.

ADMIN/MODS: This post needs to be closed.
  • advertisement
  • Dem, you know I have an attitude quite similar to yours, but I've seen how positive attitude cannot heal all. Let me explain:

My brother, Eric, one year older than me, was the most optimistic person and had the most positive attitude I had ever seen in a human being. When, at 26 he went into the hospital lapsing into a diabetic coma (and he didn't even know he had diabetes), he had a positive attitude. Five years later, before he was going into surgery to have his leg amputated, he had a positive attitude. Four more years later, when he had to have toes on his remaining leg amputated, he had a positive attitude. Two years later, when a staph infection attacked his heart, he had a positive attitude. And, last December, one week before Christmas when I visited him at home for the holidays, he had a positive attitude. He died of heart failure two days later. =((

His positive attitude helped him through all his pain, but it did not help or heal his body. He is still an inspiration to me today, but his body had it's own agenda.

I know that your attitude will help you and mine will help me, but it couldn't stop my brother's body from attacking itself, God rest his soul. :<
  • My date is Nov 5th, Yes I will be posting all the way through.

Good luck to you as well, remember think positive and positive things will happen!
  • Pm you with to explain some things.... then you will understand even more why I am the way I am
  • Initially I was worried about how your "positive outlook" and "I can do anything attitude" would cause those who haven't had textbook perfect recoveries to feel. I do believe you have solved the problem, because anyone who reads this thread will know that you must be some kind of super power and are not on the same level as anyone else. So go ahead and have your surgery, use no pain meds, and go back to work in one week. We will all be waiting to hear how easy it is for you, and when you are finished, please provide me with the name of your surgeon. If you can go through a spinal surgery with no significant pain, I want your surgeon. But don't worry, if something goes terribly wrong with your surgery (there are risks you know), we will all be here to hold your hand and get you through it, because that is what spine-health is all about.

I think you are a troll, and I am sorry for falling for your "bait". You are not as smart as you think you are, and obviously I have too much compassion and let my heart get in the way of my head sometimes. You snagged me up, hook, line, and sinker....

Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • How Cath111 gets a PM for saying much the same as the rest of us, but we get ridiculed. You two must be good friends. Maybe she will help you to see that positivity doesn't always make things perfect. I hope so.
    Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
advertisement