Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Has anyone had IDET?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,578
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:24 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has had IDET and if it worked.

I have tried every ting but this I have a l4/5 small herniation with a grde 3 or 4 annular tear.

Lots of pain or standing at 1/2 Hr.

Thank you for your help.
advertisement

Comments

• Hi and welcome to spine health.
    Here are a few links from spine health. They are articles on the IDET procedure.
    I imagine someone will be coming along that will have more info that has had the procdure done.
    Was this one of your options from your dr??

Any questions please do not hesitate to ask.
    Terri >:D<

http://www.spine-health.com/treatment/back-surgery/what-known-about-outcomes-idet-research-article

http://www.spine-health.com/treatment/back-surgery/what-are-current-indications-idet

http://www.spine-health.com/video/idet-interactive-video

• Yes my pain managment said we can give it a try.

I have had 3 ESI with no help.Now we are going to try facet injections and if that does not work He said we can try IDET.

However from what I have read and the studies involved it seems it does not have a very good out come,Chiro Geek slams it.

Im going on 9 months with about 50 percent better in my pain, maybe I'll try going the 18-24 months they say that is the time that a Annular tear will heal itself, if it heals is another story. Meds used Percecet,Vicoden,lyrica,cyclebenzifrine,advil,cylbrex to name a few.
    Thanx again Terry.

• advertisement
  • I had the IDET done in june, it is sad to say that it didn't work :(. I am in more pain every day. I have had the discogram, the emg, the injections, you name it. You will have to wear a hard brace for 6-8 weeks also. I feel like it was a waste for me to have it done, but I have heard of people having great results from it. I have a l5s1 herniation, severe leg pain all the way to my feet along with back pain. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me!:)
    Heidi