Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

the big 40

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,578
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:24 AM in Diet, Nutrition, Weight Loss
WEEK 40 ,HAS IT BEEN A GOOD WEEK?WHATEVER THE OUTCOME ITS A NEW WEEK,I LOVE THE FACT THAT YOU CAN START A FRESH EVERY SUNDAY AND ITS A BRAND NEW WEEK.wHAT ARE EVERYONES PLANS FOR THIS WEEK COMING?I PLAN TO EVENTUALLY START PILATES TOMORROW EVENING,THERES ALWAYS SOMETHING THAT POPS UP SO IM GOING 2 GO TOMORROW FOR SURE,i ALSO HOPE TO START WORK ON FRIDAY IM SO NERVOUS AND JUST WANT TO GET THE FIRST DAY OVER WITH,HAVEN T BEEN THE NEW GIRL(OR OLD LADY NOW LOL) FOR 16 YEARS,BUT THEY SAY CHANGE IS GOOD DONT THEY?

wELL I REALLY CAN T BELEIVE IT BUT I VE LOST A POUND THIS WEEK SO I GUESS THE TOOTHACHE HAS NT BEEN BAD IN THAT RESPECT LOL 6 MORE POUNDS TO GO THEN IL IM HAPPY,WELL SORT OFF LOL
TAKE CARE
Elaine
advertisement

Comments

• No big plans this week, with exception to possibly adopting a new walking companion....a rescue dog. Someone to coax me outta bed and out that door to exercise. Of course he will be more than that to me, but this will be a positive aspect of the adoption.

OK, just weighed in at 239 so that's another 2 lbs off towards my goal of 205 and 14 lbs down from when I started <:P <br />
  • I BOUGHT A NEW SCALE SINCE I WAS CONVINCED MY OLD ONE DIDN'T WORK. THE SCALE ARRIVED ON THURSDAY AND I WEIGHED MYSELF: 167.4 LBS. I ALSO JOINED WEIGHT WATCHERS ONLINE. I HAVE BEEN USING THEIR POINT SYSTEM. I STARTED THE PLAN WITHOUT KNOWING HOW MUCH I WEIGHED. BUT I STAYED WITHIN MY POINTS LIMIT EVERYDAY EXCEPT ONE. I'VE BEEN UNGRY ALL WEEK. I JUST WEGHED FOR THE SUNDAY WEIGH IN AND I WEIGH 169 LBS. SO I GAINED ONE AND A HALF POUNDS ON MY DIET, I HATE THIS.IN ANOTHER FEW YEARS I'M GOING TO LOOK LIKE GILBERT GRAPE'S MOM. ALSO , I HAD A SUPER STRESSFUL WEEK (NOTE MY NAME--IT IS ALSO MY OCCCUPATION).AND I GOT NO EXERCISE AND YESTERDAY WAS A HORRIBLE PAIN DAY THAT I PRETTY MUCH SLEPT THROUGH.
  • advertisement
  • :) well congratulations to the losers so far this week. <:P i am at 152 pounds so i gained 2 pounds. :''( i guess i am doing something wrong!i did not know my body at all. i really thought i was taking off a pound or two this week. talk about discouraging!! stockbroker, give your body a chance to catch up to your new food plan. your scale will start showing a loss in no time. my mom just took off 45 pounds on WW. she is managing to keep it off as well by living the food plan. you can lose weight with no exercise so be patient. have you thought about the exercise ball? by the way i like grapes! we have a new week and your new scale will not let you down if you follow your plan!! here is to a new week! Jenny :)
  • :) McBack, i have to say something about the new friend you are bringing into your home! <:P i am on my third dog from the pound and she is the love of my life next to my husband! she will get you out of bed for those walks and be right there next to you when you are down. my first two pits from there were with me almost 13 years and i still think of them daily. :X be sure and take your time and you will find the perfect match!! Jenny :)
  • :|

I am not weighing in.All I have are UPS scales left over from the business and I cannot get on UPS scales :S

I'll do this with pictures,or something because after all,what's in a number..right /:)

Anyway hello-my name is Robin.I'm going to TRY to lose some weight.I'm 5'7" and I really need to lose about,well I'm not certain.I go to the Dr next month.Is it ok if I go by the #'s that I want to lose instead of my weight...and then whenever I reach my goal I'll maybe just say 0?lol.For example if I want to lose 38 pounds we can just pretend I weigh 38(lmao)I'm sorry,I just feel really uncomfortable about it.My BF doesn't even know what I weigh.

:H
  • advertisement
  • :) Robin, hi! :H just take one thing at a time. don't worry about your weight right now. you have made the decision to lose and that is the exciting part! <:P start with a small goal like 10 pounds and go from there. many times our clothes can tell us about our weight so if you don't have a scale yet just go by your jeans being looser, something like that! anyway, just get comfortable with the fact that you are going to start a new food plan and take off some pounds!! =D> even staying the same can be exciting here! it isn't easy for us with pain, exercise is a problem in itself. check in during the week and see if that helps as well. i use Sparkpeople as my weight loss plan. some use Weight Watchers, some count calories. decide what works for you. relax and don't worry about your beginning weight! #:S you have taken the biggest step by being here! Jenny :)
  • Oh that brings a big smile to my face! I was a very active volunteer dog walker with a local shelter for 2 years until my back issues / surgery in Jan 2007. I now have my own little rescue doggie, and I am so so so happy every time I hear that someone is going to the local pound or shelter to adopt a rescue. It really does get you going (Paris had me up at 7am today!)

I completely digress, congrats on the 2 lbs, keep it up!
    Jan 2009 L5-S1 ALIF
    May 2017 ALIF L4-L5 with PLF rods added L4-L5-S1
  • But not surprised, at this point I'm happy to maintain. So status: lost 10 lbs, another 10 lbs to go. Had a very stressful and somewhat emotional week at work, culminating in a headcold that I'm sure is the product of a stress-related immune system collapse. I may be over-thinking all of this. But work has been very stressful and its doing nothing good for my health, at least I am not over-eating (I just go home and cry alot). Seriously, I don't know if its an issue for any of you, but the stress from my job is what has exacerbated my spine issues. Without that stress, I have been able to keep my health in check.

So this week - I am in NYC for work (I live in San Francisco) and will be working long days, I don't expect any weight change again and will not be able to do pilates or phys therapy :<

I think once I get back i.e. next week, I will start to set my small goals again. I'm taking hydrocodone again and seeing my surgeon on 11/12. Its an old bottle I had, with enough to get me thru (1x day) until 11/12. The nurse practitioner had cut me off the Tramadol last month, saying they only prescribe 3 months of painkillers, then I need to get my primary care to prescribe. Well my primary care doc is my GYN and knows only the bare minimum about all of my spine issues, I'm not calling her for Tramadol.

So I tried going without painkillers, and that didn't work, I didn't feel like groveling with the nurse... anyhow the hydrocodone is really helping with the pain so I am hoping I can get a bit more exercise and maybe jump-start the weight loss again! I believe my surgeon will refill the hydrocodone. I am done with the nurse practitioner.

Apologies for the digression, alot going on and its good to get it off my chest in a safe place with people who understand.

Thanks for listening.
    -Melissa
    Jan 2009 L5-S1 ALIF
  • No need to tell us what you weigh! Just your goal, if you would like to share that :)))

And Jenny is right (she is our CHEERLEADER and PILLAR OF SUPPORT!!!!) >:D< >:D< >:D< People are all following different programs, and exercise is a challenge for most of us (especially aerobic). Just do what you can and check in and say hello!
    Jan 2009 L5-S1 ALIF
  • benji - way to go - almost there!!
    Lulu - I know you have been so so so careful and its so frustrating, don't give up! It's funny those weeks you're so good and you think you've lost and you gain, and the week's you're not that careful and you lose, Murphy's Law, right? :??
    Stockbroker - Oh I feel for you, my SO is in the industry, its a rollercoaster every day, I'd be thinking more about blood pressure medication than losing weight ;)) Hang in there!
    Jan 2009 L5-S1 ALIF
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.