Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Shall we...?

traterttrater Posts: 288
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:24 AM in Sleep Problems
I thought maybe we should start a new thread since we are starting a new week so we can keep up with who is getting to sleep and who isn't.
Last night I woke up about five times to go to the bathroom and a couple more times because I was uncomfortable. I'm hoping tonight will treat me better. I just got a new script to be filled for Ambien CR (which I take EVERY night w/Rozerem) and I only have one more to take for tomorrow night and then I'll have to wait until they new meds come in so I will have a huge problem sleeping until they get here. The last time I ran myself out, they took FOREVER to get it filled and sent to me. I think I went on eight hours of sleepy in ten or fourteen days. It is MISERABLE! I don't know why I do this to myself.
Good luck getting sleep tonight my painy friends!
advertisement

Comments

• :)trater, i am game for a new thread! =)) 2am here and i had a few hours of sleep! I) that should get me through today ok. maybe a nap this afternoon even! sorry to hear you really aren't sleeping well. i use melatonin and magnesium every few nights and can get a few hours of sleep from them. maybe they would work a night or two till your refill gets to you. i just got done with 3 days of no sleep and i know how miserable it is to be up night after night. :''( it has been really nice to have some sleepless spineys posting as well. :O) good luck catching a few more hours tonight! Jenny :)
  • I fell asleep earlier than woke up at 330 am. Usually oxazapam works for me. I used to take benadryl or gravol for sleep before though. Hope you get some sleep. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • advertisement
  • awake from 2-4 this morning. Makes for a long day...
  • agriman, i am still up! =)) what are you doing with yourself? Jenny :)
  • I have this problem but F I N A LL Y it has gotten better.
    not completely better but some

Few suggestions,, magnesium magnesium taken at night it really works get it any way you can in powder is my favorite (it called CALM) but pills work too. I have a very slow digestive system so powders and liquids work better for me'
    Magnesium is cheap and and very good for you period!I take
    615mg a night also big plus it keeps you regular only side effect is if you take to much you get diarrhea, if that happens back off a few grams till you find got amt for you.

I also have sleeping meds, lunesta, but after while they don't work to good (little secret even though lunesta doesn't put me to sleep it helps me swallow easier (i have swallow problems)and boy I can eat my dinner and enjoy it after my lunesta)

I am starting to do sum reading on this 5HTP. Has anyone heard of this its a natural thing, spose to help with Sleep, weight problems and depression sum kinda natural serotonin booster. any one know?
  • advertisement
  • I stayed in bed and fell back asleep for a couple of hours. Am up now (again).
  • Yikes! you must be one more sleepy person this morning. I) i get a little drowsy about now but the pain is pushing at me today so i guess i will be up with the birds. :? it is so windy here today! not used to that kind of weather. this is gentle, southern California. even worse is all that is on tv are political sheeple! =)) wake up world! Jenny :)
  • time is it out there? You haven't gotten much sleep urself.
  • Its horrid not sleeping. For best part of two weeks I have been awake all night and fallen asleep at 6-7am and then waking up at 1030-11am. I might have an hours doze if Im lucky at some stage during the day but this morning I'm at the point of getting the headache/not feeling with it symptoms.

Doesn't help Im having a battle getting rid of pneumonia, needed to see the doctor today but my husband didnt want us to be seen together in the village so I had to cancel my appointment, so will go tomorrow. All I need is some more antibiotics hat will help shift this, as the 1st lot hasn't worked. Sorry for the moan, I'm a little fed up with my husband. There again he is fed up of me being ill so is distancing himself from me. Happy days, keep on smiling and laughing its good for the soul!:D

Love Danni

PS hope you all get some proper sleep soon.
  • Do you guys/gals try making yourself get up at a specific time EVERY day? (regardless of how much or how little sleep you got)

One of my old PM docs had me take Benadryl to sleep. Now I am fortunate that the Zanaflex puts me to sleep. I wake about 3 times during the night and always get a drink of water and wander around for a few minutes to get the pain down so I can go back to bed. I was also told to always get up at the same time every morning regardless if it's a day off.

Danni, sorry about your hubby and the pneumonia. I hope you get things worked out for one or both situations.

"C"
advertisement