Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

week 42 xmas is coming

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,578
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:24 AM in Diet, Nutrition, Weight Loss
and i really want to be at my goal weight so ill have to step it up a gear,i managed to get 2 pounds off so hopefully if i get another 1 off next week that will be me back to what i was.I did my driving challange yesterday and got soaked through but it raised alot of money for cancer care so was worth getting wet for.

Now that im back to work there are days i work from 1pm to 5 pm and by the time i get in to the car to drive home i am so hungry i could eat anything,any ideas of what i can keep in the car to stop the pangs til dinner?

hope you all had a good weigh in
advertisement

Comments

• :) benji, it is Sunday so i decided to weigh in even if it is 2am!! i can't lose anymore by 7! =)) anyway, i stayed the same, 150 pounds. good for you for the 2 pounds. you will reach your goal in no time now! and the answer for in the car is fruit or nuts!! something crunchy will help the hunger pangs and you can eat and drive!! ok gang, let's hear from everyone else!! Jenny :)
  • what they say is the more you chew it keeps hunger at bay :) . The chemicals in the brain send signals to say you are full :D . So i would chop some carrots into sticks to nibble on, do some apple and orange segmants to, these will help with thirst :? . I have to disagree about the nuts, because they are fattening but they are full of protien :) . let me know how you get on ! :H

Angie x
  • advertisement
  • You had to mention Christmas, eh? And let us not forget Turkey Day is before that. Even so, my issue at present is Halloween. I waited until I went shopping this week to buy the dreaded candy for the kids, and I tried to buy something I didn't necessarily like, but I couldn't pass up the Reese's PB cups. Even so I have fought the urge to binge on them.

Then last night I went to a venue with some friends. It was decided by all to eat in the city before the main event and I kept saying I was just going to get an appetizer, and I would have had the place the rest of the guys decided on served something other than beer and pizza. No beer for me but I had to eat.

Considering all this I thought for sure I would have made a few steps backwards, but I actually lost 1 lb weighing in at 235 lbs. I'm thinking maybe the scale is broke :?
  • :) McBack, take it and run, don't look back!! that pound means you lost last week!! congrats and stay in gear for a new week. <:P i am sure you still have some Reesess around ( one of my favorites) so don't binge now!!! i love Halloween more than any of the holidays. :X all the kids and costumes and decorations. you can even act like a kid if you feel like it. i dress up my dog! my husband and i dress up to give out candy. i put candles all over the house and have a spooky display in the big livingroom window. image:)" alt=">:)" height="20" /> anyway, no family here, so the other holidays just aren't the same for us!! have a spooky week!! Jenny :)
  • is a much bigger thing in the usa than here although kids do go trick or treating.
    i think il keep a few brazil nuts in the car there so good for you, and if i only eat a couple the goodness in them will out do the cals
  • advertisement
  • I'm convinced my body is turning 97 :??

I have decided I am not going to step on the scale.

I did go out last night, I put on a pair of high heels for the first time in ages and I did okay! I also wore a somewhat fitted dress for the first time that I got last June, I needed to lose some weight for it and it looked great, didn't even need the Spanx (uber-spandex-suck-you-in-undergarment) but I'm on the vicodin and lets just say my abdomen isn't exactly flat... will leave it at that.

(Missed last week as well, long story, we'll see where I'm at next Sunday.)

Hope everyone had a good week, avoiding the Halloween candy is going to be a challenge!!
    Jan 2009 L5-S1 ALIF
    May 2017 ALIF L4-L5 with PLF rods added L4-L5-S1
  • :) aimless, i mentioned just last week about how it is possible, if not even better, to judge weight loss without the scale. you are great proof it works. =D> so i want to give you a big thumbs up this week! regardless of the scale, your self esteem is great and you look fantastic on top of that. enjoy the new week with your new body! <:P treat yourself to a piece or two of candy and no more!! not only is it full of empty calories but it doesn't help that other little problem you spoke of!! =)) have a Happy Halloween! image:)" alt=">:)" height="20" /> Jenny :)
  • FIRST THE GOOD NEWS: BUTTERBEANS IS FEELING MUCH BETTER. WE EVEN DECIDED TO GO ON OUR VACATION A DAY AFTER WE WERE ORIGINALLY SCHEDULED TO GO. WE TAKE HER BACK TO THE VET TOMORROW BUT I AM HOPEFUL. SHE'S EATING (THE HAMBURGER AND RICE I PREPARE), SHE LOOKS ALERT AND SEEMS HER OLD PERKY SELF. I, ON THE OTHER HAND, HAVE GAINED AN ENORMOUS AMOUNT OF WEIGHT. I WAS ON VACATION AND IT WAS MY BIRTHDAY, BUT I DIDN'T CAVE IN. I STILL WASN'T FEELING WELL FROM THE COLD AND DIDN'T HAVE MUCH OF AN APPETITE BUT I GAINED 7.8 POUNDS ON MY DIET IN ONE WEEK. I JUST DON'T GET IT. I AM SO DISCOURAGED. I EVEN DRAGGED MY TIRED, ACHING BODY THROUGH THE WOODS AND I GAINED NOT JUST A POUND OR TWO BUT 7.8 POUNDS. HOW CAN THAT HAPPEN. IT MAKES NO SENSE. EXCEPT, PERHAPS, THAT I WAS SO WORN OUT FROM THE COLD THAT I SLEPT A LOT AND BURNED FEWER CALORIES. MY HIKES THROUGH THE WOODS CAUSED MY PAIN TO FLARE AND I DIDN'T SLEEP WELL. THIS IS THE POINT I USUALLY GIVE UP. 7.8 POUNDS! HOW COULD I GAIN 7.8 POUNDS IN ONE WEEK WHILE DIETING AND EXERCISING? FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE LOSING, DO YOU HAVE ANY ADVISE?
  • I appreciate your encouragement. Last time I checked, the scale had not moved.

No Halloween candy. My SO has made birthday cupcakes for me and that's it for indulgence! ;)) (I hope!)
    Jan 2009 L5-S1 ALIF
  • First - belated happy birthday (October babies are the best, yes?? :D )

Must acknowledge, alot of stress in your industry these days, and sounds like you have stress with your furry family member too. Stress can affect hormones and do strange things to your body, who knows how that may be affecting your diet. I recall going on a vacation a few years back after a stressful few weeks at work, my body finally got to relax and my immune system just collapsed, got a terrible cold. So stress could be a factor.

I have plateaued for several weeks now as aerobic exercise of any serious nature is almost impossible; I was losing previously because I was really cutting my portions. If I do schedule the ALIF I need to lose that last 10 lbs and its going to be self-control off the charts and small portions while maintaining good nutrition, no dessert (1-2 dried strawberries or 2 teaspoons ben & jerrys if I must have a bit of sugar), no snacks. I don't do well with diet foods or aspartame etc so I still eat "the real deal" but it takes willpower. Just my $.02, its what happens to work for me.

--Melissa
    Jan 2009 L5-S1 ALIF
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.