Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Are Roller Coasters out of the question?

advertisement

Comments

• I asked my surgeon at my 12 week post-op from 360 fusion and ADR if I could ride my motorcycle. He said, "thats why you did this". He said I don't have any restrictions just use caution. I didn't suffer this long and go through this surgery to stand on the sidelines. I will live my life everyday because we never know how much time we have. No regrets, just minimal caution. lol. Best Wishes to all and enjoy the life you have.
  • I had a ALIF of L5-S1 last year in February and I'm back riding horses 3 months post op. I still have nerve issues but they are nothing to do with the fusion, more from scar tissue from 2 previous discectomies.
    Unfortunately I'm a chicken when it comes to roller coasters lol and only brave enuff to do the baby ones. But I think you'll be the best one to decide if you are recovered enough to let loose. In reality, thats why we put ourselves through these operations, in the hope of becoming pain and drug free and being able to live life like we use to. I'm 43 and not ready for the rocking chair JUST yet, and when I tell people I've had a fusion, they look at me in disbelief because I'm doing "normal" everyday things.
    I too have bulges and bone spurs in 3 levels of my neck and an a couple of disc bulges and an old fracture in my T spine but whilst I hurt, it would hurt more not doing the things that make me happy. Life for me is about quality, not quantity.
    I hope that one day you and your daughter can share the thrill of the rides once again together.

Cheers
    Sue :H
  • advertisement