Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Fibromyalgia

backpainishellbbackpainishell Posts: 969
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:24 AM in Fibromyalgia
Can anyone tell me how they cope with flare ups of fibro ? :(

Angie :''(
advertisement

Comments

• I don't have fibro but hope you find some relief soon.
    Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I do make sure I get plenty of rest and try not to do more b/c it only ends up being worse. (I am fairly new to this and have had more of a continuous flare up than not!)

I stretch my muscles out more. I try not to do things that I know aggravate it (which is very difficult at work). I use my tennis ball on really tight areas or rolling pin. Sometimes I cry, sometimes I just try and have fun. I let the housework go at this time b/c it's going to be there no matter what. but I pay attention to MY needs first when I feel miserable!
  • advertisement
  • I'm blaming it on the weather changing.

I try to get enough sleep, eat right, not overdo, etc. To keep my fibro at bay. Lyrica helps the pain of my fibro.

How I cope is give myself permission to be 'down and out awhile; when I need to be; stop being superwoman when I'm flaring,,,just rest, let your family pitch in.
  • Not much you can do till it subsides.
    Alot of heat/ warm baths or showers.
    REST REST REST.
    Try to stay away from foods with sugar and gluten in them.
    Caffine is huge in staying away from if your in a huge flare.

Otherwise just meds, which I know they took alot away from your pending a diagnosis of your other symptoms.

Just sending you some cyber hugs sweetie. >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D<
  • Is all i have done is sleep, but when i wake the pain is still there, is sleeping a symtom? I mean is it normal? even when i sleep i still feel tired. The pain is just ridiculous
  • advertisement
  • >:D< >:D< did they do the 18 tenderpoint check on ya???? i have 15 out of the 18 tenderspots associated with fibro.
    neck/shoulders/inbetween shoulderblades/hips/knees/ankles etc????

yes sleep sleep sleep is all part of it. it like feeling like you have the flu without all the symptoms..

>:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D<
  • Hiya Terri,
    I had something like that done a while back, but when i asked what they was doing they just said a check-up. I scored 14 shoulder blade/hips/elbows/knees/ankles/neck/shoulder this is what i was told this week, so ive been going crazy in pain, and they kept this from me. I was trying to think when all this first started , and i havnt felt right since i had the discs removed back in 2003. The spasms that i get , ive been having for about 2 years now .

Angie x
  • Is there such a thing as coping with fibro? So far, I haven't found anything to make me feel better... I'm so ticked off that THIS has attacked me after suffering with the back injury and all that goes with it for eleven years. I can't find a good position to get comfortable when I'm really hurting. I know I've mentioned the chest pain before, but that seems to be the thing that gives me the most trouble. It causes me to feel so tired (or I already feel tired and it adds to it), it makes breathing uncomfortable, sitting comfortably... the list goes on. Standing in the shower, letting the hot water spray onto my chest seems to give me a bit of relief for a brief time. Not enough and not for LONG enough.
    The time that I feel cruddy far outweighs the time that I don't so I take full advantage of the time that I feel decent. Not GOOD, just decent. I clean my house and get all the laundry caught up, cook the meals all day (I've got to a point that I hardly cook and I don't even like to cook any more), spend a little time with my family. Today... OMG! The rug has been pulled out from under me. How do you explain that to your family that doesn't understand what's going on with you to begin with? Yesterday I was able to do things, why not today? It's like a joke, kinda. Not a funny one though.
    I guess we just have to ban together, share our tips, and be here for each other to listen when we need to vent. Thanks to all me cyber friends! Have a good day!!
  • My rib and chest pains have gotten bad since this spring when i fell down icy steps. its horrid!

I also tend to overdo on my 'good' days and then regret it, cuz I aggravate my old injuries. Its rough. My warm water helps too and my heating pad is my best friend.

I am so fatigued these days and some days just the thought of doing anything is so trying.

I am facing a hysterectomy soon and scared...am I strong enough for this? How am i going to get recovered when i feel so weak/tired already now? I am getting scared. :(

PM anytime and we can email too if anyone wants to as well...helps to have email buddies just to VENT to someone who understands.
  • Trater,

You're doing too much on those "good days". I've been where you are on more than one occasion. But, I've learned that I need to give myself permission to slow down. Don't do too much during your good days and pace yourself.
advertisement