Here's the facts:
1. Age: 34
2. Lower Back issue: L5-S1 herniation hurt in 2004, had 8 months of Phys Therapy that got me back to normal with some minor flare-ups
3. Pain: Subsiding
4. Weakness: Cannot carry anything more than 10 pounds without feeling weakness down my right leg
5. Sitting: Not too difficult
6. Current therapy: Some Flexeril to relieve the muscle spasms in the morning, Some Perc (7/325), on a PT regimen, primarily massages.
7. Gym Activity: Worked out regularly before, was in great shape, but carrying a laptop in my briefcase about 1 month ago set off this latest round of pain.
My question: Has anyone here recovered the ability to carry groceries, bags, etc.?
My worry is that I won't regain strength to carry things, even trivial things like the groceries. The doctor is pushing me for surgery....
Any thoughts, comments or help?!?!