Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

DECEMBER Upcoming Surgeries- Post Stories Here

Sparky123SSparky123 Posts: 133
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:24 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Of course I got this idea from TerriJV, Thanks Terri and everyone else who has started a thread like this! I thought I'd start this because I know for me it's kind of getting close to my surgery (Dec.4), and my pain seems to be getting worse every day. I'm already starting to make my plans for recovery and its nice to hear what everyone else is doing for their upcoming surgery.

As always, Good Luck to everyone on their upcoming surgeries and hope you are coping well with your pain. :)))
advertisement

Comments

• You da BOMB sparky!!
    Thanks for starting this!! I was getting to confused with the other surgery and recovery post was not even thinking it was November already to start a December! 8} 8}

Good luck on your surgery on the 12/4!!! <:P <:P
  • Just got the final date for my surgery Dec 17, :W and wanted to add my name to the list. I must admit now that everthing is finalized I am getting very nervous.My NS said it would be a 7hr surgery and I have never been under that long and it worries me. :S :S But thank you for starting this thread I hope everyone that has had surgery and will have surgery a speedy recovery.
  • advertisement
  • Hi Everyone..add me to the Dec list.
    I'm having TLIF..in the past several years I have tried many different routs from..chiropractor to a PT..from there getting acupuncture..to the pain clinic with multiple injections and 1 round of Radio Frequency Ablation...None of them helped in the least. I'm on viocodin..Valium and muscle relaxers..Zanaflex.
    So off I go to my wonderful Neurosurgeon and he looks once again at my older MRI which was done in January..he says we need a new one done and we talk about my options and his words were "oh ouch..ick bad...worst back I've seen in ages"! hahah Wonderful..so having said that we scheduled surgery for Dec 3rd. L3 L4 and maybe L5 fusion..more will be determined after my next MRI in a few weeks.
  • Thanks for starting this thread Sparky!! I am also scheduled for a two level (L4-S1) minimally invasive TLIF on December 3. Deb, I am also in IL in the Chicago burbs. What part of IL are you in.

I scheduled out in advance due to a trip to Disney over Thanksgiving week, so I can't believe how close it is getting. I do have to say that I am getting more ready for it. I feel like I have gone downhill even more this past month. Today I am really in pain and about to start crying in the office. :''( I talked about trying to stay late today to try to build up some extra leave time for the surgery but I don't know if I am going to make it.

Anyways, I am really glad to meet all of you and share our experiences. >:D<

Julie
  • Mine is going to be at Northwestern (Evanston)on the 4th.
  • advertisement
  • Wow, I didn't know that you were in IL also. My surgeon was actually trained at Northwestern. He is out in the western burbs now and the surgery will be at LaGrange Hospital. (Love the fact that they have all private rooms.)
  • Sparky and Anjuan,

I'm closer to St. Louis..south of Springfield, IL and my NS surgeon is in St. Louis. And as we speak my mom is in northern IL outside of Chicago..we have family up there...in the burbs..Oak Lawn..Burbonaise and Burbank.
    I put my surgery off for a few years and this last one I canceled because of our vacation..so now it's on..eeks. I know where La Grange and Evanston is. Wish I was downtown getting some Garrets popcorn!

Awww Anjuan..I sure know how you feel when the pain get so bad all you can do is cry>:D< do what you can..that's all you can do..gotta rest up for Disney!
  • Great to hear everyones stories, keep 'em coming and good luck!
  • I just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing. I have my pre-op appointment next Wednesday. I am getting more nervous. On the good side, we are heading to Disney World this Friday for a week so I am something great to distract myself. I don't know how much I will be able to do there, but at least I can hang out by the pool rather than be home in the cold Chicago weather.

Are there any new people out there with Dec surgeries?
  • I'm having very rare three level disc replacement on L3/4, L4/5 and L5/S1 on December 1st.

This surgery is still in its experimental stage (I don't think they even allow it in the US) and I'm very nervous. But like most people here, I feel I have no choice. I will be the 22nd person in the UK to have this op. I think a few have been done in Germany too.
advertisement