Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Almost there

downinmyheartddowninmyheart Posts: 497
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:25 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I went to the hospital for my preop today, and then spoke with my NS. I am all set for 11/21 for a two level fusion. Has anyone here been exposed the to the longitude system? It is used in a minimally invasive TLIF. I have been able to find video for it's counterpart the CD Horizant sextant system, but not for this one.

Anyway, I have gotten all ready for surgery and am counting down the hours. Good thing too as I have been having a really crappy couple of days with pain. I am realizing the reasons that I chose to go through with this surgery, for that I am glad.

One Love,

Stephanie
advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 11,349
    but Stephanie, I have no medical or technical input to your question. Instead, I can just offer some help in terms of what you have been going through emotionally the past couple of days. Things will turn,things will get better, they always do for people that are good.
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • i dont have an answer to your question but i do wish u a sucessfull surgery and a speedy recovery along with prayers from me and extra prayers on nov 21.
  • advertisement
  • I'm guessing you saw this.

http://messageboard.spine-health.com/viewtopic.php?id=4786

It sounds like the Longitude system works with the Sextant system in some way.
  • Hi Stephanie,

I did a little research and I will PM you what I found.

>:D< Cali-Sue

• I think I found it.

http://www.beverlyhillsspinesurgery.com/spine-surgery-video-lumbar-fusion.htm

I found it from this link, go all the way down to the bottom of the page where it says "lumbar fusion", right before it says "watch the lumbar fusion video" it says "Often the hardware can be inserted through a minimally invasive percutaneous approach as described in the attached animation of the Longitude pedicle screw system.

I hope this helps, and good luck!
  • advertisement
  • I just wanted to wish you good luck! Try to keep yourself busy these last few days with something else. I would love to hear how everything goes since I will be having a similar procedure in 15 days.
  • Thank you to all of you for your support and for helping me to find more info! I sincerely appreciate it. I count myself so blessed to have you all here for and with me through this challenge.

One Love,

Stephanie
advertisement