Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

sitting-how long before it gets easier

advertisement

Comments

• I had a seat cushion that looked like a tolet seat which took pressure off your tail bone that helped me out alot. I took it everywhere I went and sat on it. It does take time though so don't get discouraged. Fusion surgery is a major surgery.

Keith
  • I have the opposite problem...I can sit forever with no problem, however, standing for any length of time ups my pain level. Weird, huh?
  • advertisement
  • Kathy:

I had TLIF about 14 months ago. My doctor told me as little sitting as possible the first 6 weeks. He said it would cause pressure on the spine resulting in pain. It does get better, but not for several months. Recovery is very gradual with this type of surgery.

Ellen
  • for any lenght of time but it is how I feel when I get up. So what I do is sit for 30 up to 45 minutes then get up go for a walk etc before sitting again.
    As Kin said I ususlly sit in a computer chair or a softer dining chair with arms. I find the sofa chair not too good as it is too low and puts my hips ar a bad angle.

but movie chairs are quite comfy. I agree.
    Blessings Sara O:)
  • I had my surgery in April and still have problems sitting so when I am in meetings I stand behind my chair every 15 minutes and at home I sit back in my recliner. My manager had a desk installed at my cube that raises and lowers so every 15 minutes I raise it and stand until I am ready to sit again and then I lower it.
  • advertisement
advertisement