Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

I must be getting desperate...

downinmyheartddowninmyheart Posts: 497
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:26 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I let my 8 year old shave my legs this afternoon. 8} I couldn't take it anymore! :''(

One Love,

Stephanie
advertisement

Comments

• The monkey's off your legs, I mean back, lol! ;))
  • Please tell me your 8 year old is a girl. Please, Please

Dick
    Emergency surgery in March of 2006 for spinal infection of L 2 and L 3. During surgery, discovered I had Cauda Equina Syndrome. Spine became unstable after surgery and had 360 fusion with 10 pedicle screws, plates and rods in April of 2007.
  • advertisement
  • We can go to Spas, or Salons to get the bikini wax done. You'd think they would do leg wax too for someone who isn't able to do it on their own. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Yes, my daughter shaved them to the knee and she did a surprisingly good job. :) Leg waxes are expensive.

One Love,

Stephanie
  • I don't think I'd even let my 19 yr old stepson shave my face

glad to hear you're not having a tranfusion
  • advertisement
  • =)) I am so happy that I didn't need a transfusion either. Not even a bandaid was necessary.

I was really nervous, but she followed my instructions almost to the "T".

My sister lives with me and she wouldn't do it. My husband swore that he would cut me if he tried. I didn't know where else to turn. :( ;-)

One Love,

Stephanie
  • Doesn't that feel great??!! Hubby was a trooper but I did need a band-aid now and again. When I got a little further along, my son duct taped my razor to a wooden dowl cut down to about 2 ft....worked great...there's your next goal:0)
  • I didn't even think of an extention stick! What a brilliant idea! #o Thank you, Carol. :) I am going to ask my hubby to fashion something for me.

One Love,

Stephanie
  • My 18 year old daughter shaved my legs the first time after surgery. You would have thought I had asked her to wipe my butt, she thought is was so gross :))( After that I took my scrubby on a stick and taped my razor to the handle end. It worked ok, not great, but had to get by with it.

I think it was very sweet of your daughter to help you. She probably thought it was fun. Now she'll want to start shaving her own legs ;)
  • That's great. I'm glad you aren't having a transfusion either. What we won't endure for comfort or vanity (I'm sure it was comfort though).

Hey, I've shaved my boyfriends back and arms image:)" alt=">:)" height="20" /> (for Halloween costumes), so he had better be okay with shaving my legs if I need him to.
advertisement