Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

discouraged...need to know others experiences

advertisement

Comments

• Sounds like your doctor is doing all the right things and doing rather quickly to see if they will help. Your doctor is using a good combination approach using injections, meds and therapy. Make sure that the therapist is aware that it is causing you that much pain. Often times the therapist will need to mix things up so you can get more benefit than pain. Also using the nerve block should give you some relief all though it may be short lived. As far as recovery from surgery everyone is different. I think recovery depends on a multiple of things. Your surgeon can only carry you so far and then you will have a lot of work to do as well. Did the doctor say anything about a cord compression or is it a nerve compression. By decompressing the nerve all your symptoms may go away. I would strongly suggest that you make a appointment with a surgeon as well. Often times it takes along time to get these appointments. Wether you need surgery or not is not for me to say. If all the above approaches help you could always cancel the appointment but at least you would be on the waiting list. Some insurance's as well require a second opinion which i always believe one should get before doing surgery. So by making the appointment you would be that much farther along. Good luck and keep us posted on how your doing. Welcome to spine-health.
  • I want to thank all of you for your responses. It sounds selfish, but it's nice to know there are others out there with the same issues. Good luck to everyone..... O:)
  • advertisement
  • Do you have problems with your wrists too?

I have major wrist issues. In fact, one of the first reasons I went to the dr was becuase it hurt to flex my wrist...sooo bad. The dr I had at the time told me it was arthritis and gave me Meloxicam. have you had the same problem?