Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Don't know what's wrong with me - not a textbook case - need some validation...

Comments

• I am so sorry. I know your pain. My life is the same thing, I can't sit and spend the day laying on an ice pack. I stay home most times because driving is hell. This is no way to live, but what can you do?
    I hope the injection clears away any doubts your surgeon has. I also believe that there is no cookie cutter textbook case. It just forces doctors to investigate further.
    In my case when I first herniated L4-S1 with nerve pain down to my foot, the MRI only said there was possibility of compression on both L5 nerve roots. My surgeon sent me for a ct/myelogram and it clearly showed impingement and then I had my first surgery. Right now I'm almost 8 months post op from a 2 level fusion and I still have problems.
    It seems that we all must endure jumping through hurdles to reach the treatments we need. Hang in there, I know it's difficult and sometimes damn near impossible to deal with this kind of pain. Take care
  • Thanks so much meydey.
    So, yesterday was a good day. After the ESI, I started feeling some immediate relief on my left side. Yesterday (day 2) was a very good day. I had a couple points in the day when while sitting back on my ice pack I had no pain. I could walk normally. The pain was very tolerable. It started getting much worse yesterday evening. Today is not good at all. I have pain going into my groin area - like where your underwear line is in the front, and lots in my back. Yesterday I made it through most of the day without any pain meds. Today, I've taken a Tylenol 3, a Percocet and a Flexeril and am still hurting a great deal. I've taken breaks - even laid on a couch here at work and am still in a lot of pain. I was so hopeful yesterday with the pain SO diminished and today I feel so much worse. I DON'T UNDERSTAND!
  • advertisement
  • I'm sorry that you didn't get ongoing relief with the ESI. They only work temporarily and the range varies greatly. Some get relief for 3-6 months, some for a week, some for a couple days, and like me no relief whatsoever. It's not your fault. I know that after the surgeon performs the direct nerve injection that he will know for sure what is causing your pain. It's typical that they go through the motions of ruling out things before they feel comfortable proceeding with surgery. Meanwhile, try to hang in there. Take care
This discussion has been closed.