Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Sharp pain in right cheek down through leg.

Comments

• Hi there! I'm so sorry to hear about your accident...how tragic and thank God they got you out!! You DEFINATLY need that MRI! I am shocked you haven't had one before especially since they didn't operate and put pins in your pelvis or anything. I bet they will find something wrong with your disc in the L5 area. That's what causes most of us the sciatic pain we have. Again, sorry about the trauma and glad they have you on some meds...at first from your post, I thought you weren't on anything. Keep us updated.
  • Thanks again to all of you who have helped me here. I just have one more question for ya. I know that every case is different and you guys aren't doctors, but I just wanted to see if anyone might have any idea or their best guess of what the worst case scenario might be for me, as far as healing time. You are all great and I sure do appreciate it.
  • advertisement
  • Hey guys,
    Just wanted to give you an update on my situation. I went to the orthopedic surgeon on the 8th and he took more x-rays and the fracture has healed nicely, although I am still in alot of pain. I took my nerve conduction test into him and he says "ya that's what I figured was going on". So I told him I think I should get an MRI and find out about it and he told me he didn't think an MRI was going to tell him anything that he doesn't already know. I have been non weight bearing on my right leg since my accident on November 18 2008. He now wants me to start putting 50% weight bearing on it along with physical therapy and come back and see him in 6 more weeks. He says the ct scan I had when I went to the hospital would have showed any herniation or whatever. He believes my pain is from a deep bruise I had that showed up on the ct scan. He says it could take a while for that to heal along with the nerve. I dont' know what to think.