Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Just got the weirdest call

advertisement

Comments

• Wow that is scary.....Now I can tell my wife I'm not just being paranoid ,as she so kindly put it.
    I have alway either burnt the med. info sheets or shred them.

Robin.....when you have a few Med bottles and you want to get rid of the labels .Fill a pot of hot water and soak them for 30 minutes or so ,and they come right off.

All of my meds stay in my safe.....it was the best 1200 bucks I have ever spent.
    A good safe can be bought for as little as $300 well worth the headaches of worrying about my wifes jewelery or personal documents when we are away from the house.

Money well spent.....if you have any firearms in your home the cost of replacing just on of them would cover the cost of a decent safe.It could save the life of a kid whether it was a weapon or bottles of meds left out for them too get into.
    Buy a safe !!!!
  • When mine are filled I also keep them in a safe. Ive read too many horror stories online to not keep them locked up. I also have children, so leaving them unlocked is not an option for me, at all.

When I pitch them I either peel off the labels, sometimes its a pain because they are very hard to get off! OR scratch them up and write over them w/permanent black ink. I also scratch out everything on the receipts and script instructions w/permanent ink.
    Its amazing HOW MANY TIMES our addresses and names are printed on ONE pick-up of meds! Mine is on the bottle, and often three MORE times on the receipt and instructions. A lot of stuff to BLACK OUT!

I actually read a thread about hydrocodone refills not too long ago. And it was the common belief from everyone writing that a doctor sometimes tells you he "cant" refill scripts just so he doesnt feel bad for "not wanting to". (not saying thats my belief lol, but by the end of the thread, most agreed w/that)...

But I am positive that in MD, you can refill Sced 2 meds.

• advertisement
  • by the disapearing comments again. I wrote out a big long reply to have it vanish into cyberspace. Oh well.

My doc always gives me two refills on each of my meds except for the oxy's. Those I have to pick up a written script each time.

I have never had a problem pulling the labels. Mine just come off in one piece. I filled my neurontin on friday and took a look at the drug information sheet and you would be amazed at all the information on that sheet. Thats all you would need to get all the info you need to try and pull this off.

When I switched to this pharmacy it was because of the HIPAA concern I had from my last chain pharmacy. The one I go to now is owned by the pharmacist and has a total of 4 employees. I talked with them and they will not fill my scripts over the phone. It will have to be me in person from now on. It was so nice to go in and have the pharmacist say he was sorry for the misunderstanding and have him promise he would do his best to ensure nothing like this happens to anyone. They have already started asking for ID from anyone that they don't know picking up any narcotic medication. How refreshing.
  • I got one of those phone calls from the pharmacy yesterday telling me my prescription was ready for pick up. I was like huh? I didn't know if the doctor had called in something I didn't know about or what or somebody was trying to get one of my prescriptions filled. So I called the pharmacy and found out that they just went ahead and filled the two prescriptions that I had dropped off last week which I had told them to hold because I didn't need them right now. I am now seriously considering going back and getting them because they have a bottle of Soma with my name on it and I would hate to think that they had not returned it like I asked them to and it is now sitting in a bin.
  • Heyy,

I know the doctor can call in a refill for certain drugs, like vicodin. But i was actually talking about on the bottle, having refills on that,so you could get it filled without calling the doctor. oh well, i hope all is well to everyone!

Heather
  • advertisement
  • We live in a small town. My husband always wants me to remove the labels before I throw out the bottle. (I accused him of being a little paranoid since his reason for removing the labels was just that he didn't want the "nosy" folks in the small town to know what drugs we're taking, especially My drugs. I always went along. Now I'm glad I "humored him" since he was right (as usual). I usually burn the labels and package inserts in the fireplace. For those hard to get off labels, I recommend Goo-Gone a product found at most hardware stores (you'll use it on many other things I promise). It get the sticky gunk off of all kinds of things, including clothes and even candle wax off your faborite table cloth. Susan
  • :) i live with an alley right behind my home and i can see the results of the trash digging almost every morning. :O for this reason, i remove all labels to my meds and throw the naked bottles away at different times. you never know who would be desperate enough to not only try and refill the meds but kick in your door for the narcotics as well. :T sorry about this kind of thinking but it is necessary in my city!! :? Jenny :)
  • Yes~My Dr gives me refills & it is on the bottle,but I don't use my bottles for the refills.That is really only to let ME know..or remind me.A person could keep those bottles around and THINK that they have 2 or 3 refills when they have none though,if the bottles are several months old and the script wouldn't get filled if some stranger tried calling it in.

Lately I've been saving all of my bottles until my script has been changed.Imagine someone finding an old hydrocodone 10/500 120 count with 2 refills and thinking it could get refilled-or wondering why I threw it out( :))( ),and if they DID try to call it in well,I've already used up those refills and don't take that medication anymore so...

I DO worry that someone might break in trying to find pills,but my address is not on the bottles & my phone # is unlisted,so I think I'm relatively safe,but I imagine if a person wants something bad enough that they will find a way.I just hope they decide my way is not THE way.
advertisement