Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

Newbie. What is wrong with me?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,322
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
Hi. About a year ago I hurt my upper/middle (opposite of my chest) back on the job. I first made it sore by leaning over all day and then I got a sharp intense pain while standing upright and lifting heavy objects off a truck. The vertical pressure caused it. Well after a few months it went away and occasionally caused small discomforts.

Well this past week I was bending over all day and I came home and had the following feelings in the same location:

Hurt to run!
Hurt to breath deep
Didnt really bother met to bend over
Hurt to turn in bed
Vertical pressure seems to hurt it more
Its very sensitive. I couldn't play basketball.

The pain seems to be right where my spine is and I am worried. But it has always gone away in the past but I want to have an idea of what it is and what to do.


  • You'll find really great and supportive people here. First of all you never mentioned having reported it to your employer so I'm not sure if you have a Worker's Comp claim or a doctor you have seen. If not then seeing a doctor is the first place to start. You could have either back issues or thoracic issues. I'm not a doctor so I can't tell you which it is but you DEFINITELY need to be seen by a doctor. If you have received any treatment let us know what you've already tried. We look forward to seeing you around the forum. :H
  • I would too encourage you to make an incident report at work and then see a Dr. Bend with your knees and keep the load close to your body. Your Dr. should know what to do and you need a physical exam. Perhaps even order some tests. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • advertisement
  • I'm sorry you are hurting but glad you found us. Welcome to Spine Health!!

Sign In or Register to comment.