Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

I'm back on schedule

advertisement

Comments

• I certainly will do. May I suggest that anyone else who is seeing a doc re: a SCS before me could also ask about this topic. I may not see the PM doc for a month. Susan
  • That's awesome!!!

And on the MRI bit, I asked in detail about it and was told that if I HAVE to have an MRI, my neurosurgeon will send me to a colleague of his in Chattanooga, TN (not too far away but not too convenient, either) and I can have one with him. So NS doesn't let just anyone do them, but it can be done. (And he has done it.) He strictly uses the ANS brand, but I don't know for how long that has been, or if he has always used ANS brand.

Keep us posted, Susan - hope you have a quick psych eval!!

Cheri

• advertisement
  • j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,745
    I'm very happy for you Susan. You deserve it. I had an ans scs put in in Dec. 06 and it was pretty much a complete failure.
    I know I should go back and give new leads a chance. But I'm just really scared to have another surgery.
    Please let me know how it works out for you. Although I know everything will be fine.
    Good luck, Jim
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • I am so excited about this stimulator. I'm imagining my life not all messed up on drugs, sleeping regular hours, getting exercise. I would be disapppointed if it didn't work but I'd get over it and make do. I want to have a big smile on my faced like Cheri does. Susan
  • Susan,
    You have worked hard to get through these tough times, I hope so much that your future is so much brighter and your vision of sleep, no drugs and exercise come true. Keep focused on that.
    I hope your evaluation and any other tests come out with positive results leaving no doubt that this stimulator is the right one for you. Keep that smile on your face. It can become contagious.
    julie
  • advertisement
  • I dream of being at a place where I don't suffer thru the day and rush home to sit my begind down and take my Norco to get things to calm down for the night. My hope and my docs hopes match actually. I manage on my meds, but it is too much to maintain form much longer at my current level.
    My boss lets me hide in my office and he knows and understands my limitations. He is also sitting on my job rewrite for me! He wants to know I am stable and plans to rewrite me a position that removes my physical demands, but not until he knows I am stable and not on meds all day...He is 100% behind the SCS and my doing this. If it fails and I have to look at something else or stay on meds I may be joining the unemployeed! That's what I have riding on this.
    No wonder I get a little wound up at times. 2.5 weeks till my trial starts!
  • Hi Guys

Just wanted to continue to offer some hope to you all waiting for trials etc. I am 3 months following mine SCS for neurpathic leg pain & I love it. I have started to reduce my narcotics & feel really good, down by a third so far - I feel like I have my brain back & that I have been asleep for about 2 years!!!!

It has been a long road - but well worth it. I have a Precision Bionics rechargeable unit that has been great. I know it doesn't work for everybody & this can be disappointing but if there is a chance of success, I would definitely give it a go. My pain scores are reduced by about 70% so far (hope it lasts). It has shown problems in other areas (this can happen apparently) but as the nerve pain has improved, the others are manageable.

The SCS does help & make a difference so GOOD LUCK to Susan, Wrambler & anyone else who is going through this process.

Eliza <:P
  • Since most of the posters here have or are going through this. Does the SCS do anything for a dead "heavy" feeling?
    For the last several days I've been waking with shooting pains, shoulder to hand and usually they seem better by about 3 pm and I just have the "normal" pain. During the shooting pains and sometimes without I will get a deeper sensation of pain and the center of my bicep area to elbow feels very much "heavy and dead" I can't really describe it any other way.
    While going through this again today I started wondering if the SCS masks the sharper pains, wil it do anything for that dead sensation? Or will that be gone too? I will settle for the sharp pain being gone, but wonder if anyone knows what I'm talking about and has any input?
    I can move this to a new posting if we need!
    Please tell me if I need or you want me to do so!
  • I find that my SCS helps with quite a bit more than just the nerve pain in my neck, shoulders, arms and hands. It's kind of like having and internal massage going on all the time and it's quite nice. Due to the overall feeling of well being that it provides via the triggering of natural endorphins, I find it to be a very energizing device.

In the mornings and certain times when needed, I will tune it to where I am basically getting a complete internal massage from neck to toes and I lie quietly for about 15 minutes while I give myself a "treatment". It helps break up all the aches and pains from sleeping or whatever I was doing and allows me to "refresh".

Don't know if that helps answer your question or not.

"C"
  • Sounds good to me! I know I will get answers to my questions during my trial. I was just really noticing the heavy dead sensation today and wondered if that was one of the things an SCS does not cover. A massage at will sounds like a lovely thing indeed! 2 weeks, 2 days to go till the trial! Thanks!
advertisement