Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

I'm back on schedule

advertisement

Comments

• Being dismissed like that was cold- there was no reason except you were just trying to get a hold of someone because that was what you were supposed to do. I'm sorry that happened but am relieved the other PM doctor stepped in for you. Do you have any idea how long it will be before the stim is approved? Will the new doctor give you enough meds to tide you over til then? Hang in there; I know it will all work out.
  • I'm glad you feel the same way. I say this because I sort of feel like this is a "Mean Girls" think. You know----all the people who work FOR the doctor are female. I think the one taking my message could tell from the tone in my voice that I was unhappy. I was panicking because the surgery date was approaching and I had all these things to do and these folks had not returned my call. I really liked the doc so I didn't want to do anything I wasn't auppposed to. Maybe the irritation in my voice caused her to misinterpret what I said. Then, when she told the other women the story became exaggerated and they all started talking among themselves and just kind of ganged up on me. I did not think this would happen to a man. But, Wrambler, if you say you feel similarly, maybe I'm wrong about that. The Indian doctor has not called me back. Meydey, my surgery is tomorrow! I was surprised that they could get me in so quickly but I jumped at it. That's why it was so hard to get all my ducks lined up. In the mail today was a notice from the post office of an attempt to deliver a certified letter from Advanced Pain Management. It probably is their official notice that I am no longer a patient. I had just seen the doctor. We walked out of the room with our arms around each others waists. I know at the beginning of this thread I said he felt like an old friend. When I saw him the other week, he gave me two prescriptions: one to be filled immediately and one dated May 1st. I wonder if he can call the pharmacy and cancel the prescription. I'm so excited about my surgery tomorrow. Everybody, wish me luck. Wish me my life back. Susan.
  • advertisement
  • You all the luck in the world! All of it, I won't be needing it for a while I fear!

Sometimes I think they are indeed in the mean girls club.
    They don't need a girl to attack though. The club is for THEM! That is why I avoid placing calls to my PM, I am so afraid all this will be for naught and I will have to start over.

I honestly think they desensitize to US, they do not want to connect as it may be too hard to not be able to truly help someone and then you have to deal with the failures directly, so they push us away, they create the rules, they don't know us, so it is easy to lable us and forget we are people. Some of us really do hurt, but most of us are just mean people looking for drugs or something?

Who really knows, I do not understand how they can place themselves in a trade that is the most likely to meet hurting people, then not help them.

It seems to me that we are held under a microscope by these people. Are we drug seekers, pain patients, whiners, troublemakers... We should be examining them, what is their motive? Why are they pretending to want to help us? Yet they do not advertise their whereabouts, they do not prescribe pain meds, they do not talk about pain meds and the effectiveness to our other doctors. They are perfectly willing to bury a needle in our spine and bill our insurance, yet call them later in pain. Their answer, call your PCP or go to the er.

I wonder if they have thought of how they will communicate their intent of all of these things to their maker? Perhaps he will forgive them? Perhaps not.
  • Iy was good. Much easier tha the trial. I had the laminectomy with paddle leads. I have a two inch scar right along my spine and it as well as the "pocket" from my device stings and burns in the way a "cut" would. The worst part was that they didn't turn it on until the next day so, once again, I didn't sleep---the pain from my little 3 mile jaunt on Saturday continues to haunt me. (Aren't I clever "jaunt" "haunt". I'll write more tommorow. I'm very sleepy and it feels very good to be home. Susan.
  • One more over the bridge! So glad to hear you are doing well so soon after! I need to find me that bridge. I been wading in a swamp trying to cross that way!

Tell us how your recovery goes, every little bit helps.
    I wish the phone would ring!
  • advertisement
  • Susan, that is great news - please keep us posted on how its going. :)))
    Jan 2009 L5-S1 ALIF
    May 2017 ALIF L4-L5 with PLF rods added L4-L5-S1
  • Once again, this was alot easier than I had expected. I had the paddle leads with the laminectomy and it sure was easier than having to push those leads up through the scar tissue. The whole thing took maybe an hour to and hour and 15 mins. I was anesthnetized. Then they woke me up to program the simtulator. (I went in the OR at 3:30 pm) (On the way out to the hospital, I stopped to see a customer and did some business.) After the programming was complete (actually just kind of rudimentarily set -up) I was under again to wake up in the recovery room. I felt fine. Nothing at all like when I had my fusion nor would I expect it to be. I did have to spend the night at the hospital, though. If thats typical of paddle leads or because they did me so late it the day or both or neither, I don't know but it is a more inveasive surgery and the anestesthia they give you is stronger and longer-acting. I was bored. The only pain I had was very superficial. As I said, I felt like I had a "cut" right on my spine and where the pocket was created out of my butt cheek. It stung and burned as opposed to really "hurting". I had to be careful because I felt so good, I did not want to "take it easy" which was the advise I had been given.

I feel so happy and hopeful and optimistic. I'm looking forward to the rest of my life. Its a great way to feel.

I'm a little tired from the anesthesia and have been taking naps here and there. I'm going on vacation next week, the 15th. I'm not sure my surgeon was thrilled but I'll be good. Hey, for the next several weeks, "Take It Easy" is my middle name.

Susan.
  • That's great news, so happy to hear it is going well!

My PM would not even discuss trying to install mine before my vacation.

I would advise that if someone has a successful trial they do not delay the permanent version if at all possible. The relief then the return to pain is most unpleasant...
advertisement