C5/6 C6/7 -ADR scheduled for 2/26 w/ Dr Bertagnoli. Im really excited, dont have any fears or worries(Im thinking I should, maybe when Im being wheeled into the OR Ill start to panic-LOL). Im well aware that there is no guranty with any kind of surgery but I know it is what I have to do based on my pain levels and being miserable all the time. I know I have one of the top 2 multi level ADR Doctors in the world so no matter what happens, I shouldnt have any regrets of my decision. Im just so thankful I can afford the option to go ADR rather than fusion. Lucky for me, my surgery date beat my Aetna policy expiration by 2 days so I can have a descent chance of appeal( as my employer is switching to humana march 1st, a very non friendly adr carrier) I know fusion works for many, but I just dont feel comfortable with it. If I couldnt have afforded ADR, I would have waited until I could have gotten into a cervical multi level trial if necessary.
Ill be posting my recovery results here and at the ADR forum for others who are considering ADR also. I cant wait, really looking forward to it!! Hope I dont regret those words later. LOL