Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Trouble Sitting

advertisement

Comments

• I had a two level L4 to S1 and sitting is still a challenge for me. There are some chairs that I do better in than others. I have found ones that recline or the adirondak (?) thats on my front porch allow me to sit for longer periods. Chairs that are wooden, or sit straight up put a lot of stress more on my back than my tail bone. Mine seems to feel like its "pulling" in my mid back when I sit to long. Sometimes I have to put my hand between my back and the chair Im sitting in, that seems to relieve it fairly instantly. Maybe I need a lumbar support to help with the natural curve of the lower back. I went from only being able to sit for about five minutes to about fourty five minutes now and its been about three months. So it is gradually getting better. As some on here, I was also on a sitting restriction till week eight, and Im still supposed to get up between fourty five minutes to an hour and walk or stand for five to ten minutes to take pressure off.
    OHHHH how I miss being able to sit and just have idle chit chat over dinner!!! I hope this gets better for all us Lumbars. Good luck in recovery, best wishes
    Erica