Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Scar tissue

Comments

• Well,...since he likes to prescribe meds,...he can prescribe the meds in that study as long as it doesn't interact with anything you are already taking. My doc was impressed that I knew about the study and actually read it over and said that a "70% reduction of epidural fibrosis is significant." I hope your doc is open minded.

I'd prefer scar tissue because I'm afraid that the alternative means that the disc is collapsing down on the nerve and there isn't much they can do for that except fusion or ADR. Scar tissue may be easier to treat using the medication in that study and removing it surgically before taking them. I wish I could take some sort of anabolic steroid that would make me heal faster than normal. Guess I need to be a baseball player to get that stuff. LOL!
  • Gwennie, is that the attitude the doctor had? If someone doesn't want the SCS or whatever, it shouldn't be this way. You are in no way being unreasonable...this is big surgery, not a mere walk in the park. It's your back, your health, your life...and ultimately a sacrifice on your part. What will you do next? You still need help irregardless. We're here for you >:D<

Buckeye, you are so fortunate to have a doctor with an open mind. I've had a lot of surgeries too but I do get a bit nervous about it. With back surgery, there's no telling what you'll get. :O If you have chronic degenerative endplate changes and arthritic facets like me, does that make one ineligible for ADR? I was told a fusion is best because of all the DDD I have in the L spine. It is hard to tell also what is worse... disc or scar tissue problems. Everything is so complicated when it comes to back problems.

Hang on and stay strong my friends.... >:D<
  • advertisement
  • I agree with you about doctors(esp surgeons)not wanting to speak about scar tissue. I know there's much debate about whether or not it causes pain, but can they say 100% that it doesn't? It seems to me that fibrosis is one of several causes of failed back surgery syndrome. When I saw my paperwork to have the pump put in, the diagnosis line was left blank. I guess they don't want me to see it- I'm guessing it's FBSS since I blew 2 surgeries. Oh well

Also, you have to consider that a lot of money will be made when we say yes to the SCS and other expensive procedures :? Not everybody wants to try something so expensive that is not fully guaranteed to relieve all the pain. Just a thought...
  • Sorry to hear about your problem, it seems you and I have had the same problem, I had three back surgeries already and it looks like I will have to have the tissue removed, I can no longer lie down in the bed and have not since Jan 09, I have tried numerous pain meds, the newest is the opana , just started it today it is replacing the oxycontin, I am so tired of hurting and wish there was some other kind of relief.Hang in there with me and maybe we will make it through this .
  • the information is great. thank you all for contributing and sharing what you know. it is great for many of us looking for answers. it is also timely for me. i have had a high pain since surgery almost five years ago. i had issues before surgery and it the fusion is technically correct.

i found a new pm to get more aggressive with pain treatment since i can't take it any more. the facet nerve blocks have helped nicely, but it seems like i have pain originating in several areas or at least that is the guess. the mri shows a fair amount of scar tissue in the nerve canal. he said he is 50/50 if removing the scar tissue will help. i put the link below to the procedure.

on the other hand i talked to two nice ladies in the waiting room who had the procedure done a long time ago and they said it was great for them. when you search the internet for medical reports on it, the success rates seem high for removing the adhesions. there are several medical studies on this. i am going to ask about the ptx and vit e on my next visit. it seems like a good idea to try.

the doc told me that the body lacks a protein in the area that prevents scarring and that some of the scars would come back, just not as much. the procedure looks rough. i would be curious to hear from more people who have done this on their success or lack of.

https://www.roysecitymedical.com/racz/racz.htm

mark

• advertisement
  • Welcome to SH :H and I want to tell you how sorry I am that you're dealing with this problem too. You're right- we must hang on together until a new procedure comes along that can hopefully tackle this issue. How is the Opana working for you? There's been a lot of debate about if it is really efficient or not, and that is why I'm curious. Please let us know how you're doing and we look forward to getting to know you. Take care :)
  • That sure makes a lot of sense to me and I am glad that doctors are taking this initiative. I was thinking about asking the same question but I guessed that I wouldn't get a direct answer. It's like Pandora's box- do you really want to look inside and find out? It would be devastating, even if you suspect it anyway. BTW.....

Have a nice weekend :H
  • Thank you very much for sharing that link with us. Are you having this procedure any time soon? If you do, I hope it works and that you get relief. I understand how it is to be hurting constantly. Are you taking any medications for your pain, and does it radiate down your leg?
  • If you google that combo of PTX and Vit E you'll get all kinds of studies proving it's effectiveness. That guy just proves that this is a business. I'd see someone else for sure. Sorry Gwennie...
  • There are a few contraindicators for ADR and endplate issues and spondy I believe are two of them. Ugh.
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.