Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

What if your pain could be lessened significantly by a change in shoes?

advertisement

Comments

• A few years ago when my foot pain had became really bad(I was in agony) I decided to invest in very expensive diabetic shoes because of the extra padding in them. (I am not a diabetic) I had been going through all types of shoes looking for some comfort. Back then I was not on any kind of pain meds just Aleve for my back pain when it got really bad.
    The diabetic shoes were wonderful for several months. Now the foot pain is beyond help from my expensive shoes. :''( I still wear them b-coz they still feel better than any other shoe.
    Gone are the days of wearing any sort of pretty shoe, I would not be able to walk in them anyway. Even in a dress i have to wear my cluncky diabetic sports shoe and socks. :D The cause of my foot and leg pain is nerve damage from scar tissue whare i had rods placed in my spine L4 & L5.
    I also have rods in my neck but no problem from these...thank goodness.
    Luv and hugsssss >:D< to everyone.
    Patsy W.
  • The radiologist who did my husband's radiation therapy wore the Z-coils. She said they were the best shoe for her, since she was on her feet all day. I looked them up, gasped when I saw the price, and went with something different. Makes no difference what I wear, with the pseudoclaudication in my feet and legs, they hurt no matter what I wear. Or don't wear, they hurt even if I go barefoot. The Teva sandal is the closest I've come to comfort, and just not practical in 2 ft of snow :))( like this past winter. Wonder what happens when you jump up & down in the Z-coil? :D I too have a whole closet full of nice dress shoes just gathering dust. Happy Easter all.

Maggie
  • advertisement
  • Personally, suffering from plantar fascitis, I stand by my crocs, believe it or not. Prior to discovering crocs, I had to have shots in my feet every 3 months, now only once or twice a year, they've been a foot-saver, so to speak. They never helped my back, though (unfortunately) Z-coils, I looked at them, just too wacky looking for my taste :p I actually got my reg. doc's nurse to check them out, and now she goes nowhere without them either.

~kat
This discussion has been closed.