I am having microdisectomy tomorrow, but now I am not 100% sure if I am making the right decision. When my surgeon advised me to have this surgery, he based it on my 7mm bulging disc at L5 S1.
My most recent MRI, which was taken on Monday, shows that the bulging disc moved over to the right. I was told of this today. Has this happened to anyone? Yes, I have been in god awful pain and have lost reflex on my achille's tendon, but I made this decision based on the MRI taken a year ago.
I don't know if I am making sense. I just don't want to have surgery and put myself in the position that makes me more likely to have more surgery.
Is it true that if you have surgery, you will likely to have more?
I am scared.