Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Bone Growth on nerves after fusion surgery

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,543
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I just received the results from my test today. The doctor said that he will have to do surgery to remove bone growth on my nerves from the fusion surgery I had on Nov. 18th 2008. Has anyone had this done? What is the recovery and the pain level afterwards?
advertisement

Comments

• What kind of test did you have? Is this the same surgeon who did your first surgery in Nov? Did you have BMP? Did he say there was bone growing on the nerves as opposed to scar tissue?
  • CT scan, yes this is the same surgeon (he is great)
    yes BMP, yes bone growing around the nerves
  • advertisement
  • wait it out??

My surgeon seems to be sitting on me, I wondered cos he know there is more bone to come? And I wondered how bad do I need to get??

Just the opposite approach to the surgery. Good Luck!
  • what is the purpose of having a bmp done rather then something else. I hear so many things about bmp and can not understand why to choose that?
    thanks for anything to help me understand....patsy
advertisement