Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
New Members, Please read our Forum Rules before submitting your first discussion

Rearended 16 months ago

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,321
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:29 AM in New Member Introductions
I was stopped letting someone cross in the crosswalk and a guy on his cell didnt try to stop...just plowed into my car from behind. My toddler was in the car but wasnt injured..thankfully. I am not sure but I think I was turned around talking to my son. I cant remember some of what happened. I have spent ever since going to acupuncture (1 yr), chiro (16 mos) massage therapy (6 mos) and finally chiro sent me to phys therapy last october (5 mos).

I healed in betw shoulder blades pain. Low back pain has improved alot but flares with any activity, sometimes pain goes down r. leg and walking is almost impossible. Neck pain daily and cannot turn my neck most days left or right.

I stopped going to acup b/c I went back to work & couldnt keep up w/ all the appts. Massage prescription expired. P/T said last week they want to take a break and want me to f/u with family doctor for a "tens" machine. Chiro says he is just 'maintainin' me and not actually helping me improve any longer so he's done after 2 more appts.

I'm not healed. I feel like doctors dont know how to help me so they are giving up. They all know I dont have my range of motion back and strength back. I had hope and just pushed thru all the appts but now I feel like I've lost hope because noone thinks I can improve. If this is as good as it gets I dont know how to handle that. I cannot even hold my toddler w/o suffering for a day or two with intense pain and more stiffness.

I have heard that since chiro didnt send me to p/t for almost 1 year that my pain will hang around alot longer than if I would have gone initially.

Is this how it will be for years? I'm feeling discouraged.......



  • I have been in your shoes but the key is not to give up. Keep on going to docs until you find one that can and will treat your pain. Have you tried a pain management doc yet? That is where I finally started getting some relief. Just remember that you are not alone and please keep us posted on your progress.
  • What is a pain management doc? Havent tried that one yet.

    Dont you get to a point where it's like a catch 22...you hate going to the appts....it's frustrating and such a loss of your time but you cant NOT go either because you are hurting?
  • advertisement
  • Are you in the USA? PM docs usually prescribe pain meds as well as perform various injections and other diagnostic tests. My PM doc did diagnose that a lot of my pain was coming from one of the annular tares that I have by performing a discogram and then laser surgery.
  • yes I am in the usa. I've done alot of alternate treatments because until recently I didnt have insurance and needed to go w/ anyone who would accept a lien on the settlement.

    The pm doc sounds interesting. can your reg doc give a referral? Last time I went he told me to go to a therapist that deals w/ chronic pain. is that the same thing? I am tired of physical therapy though plus the referral was like 1 hour away from me. couldnt go that far away.
  • I have been involved in 3 auto accidents where people hit me and have chronic lower back pain in my L3/L4 area. I see a chiropractor about 4 x a year and then for my pain I take Tramadol or Ultracet and for the muscle spasms I use Soma. My doctor referred me to www.nowhere.com where I can purchase my pain relief meds and muscle relaxers for much cheaper than the local pharmacies and you don't need a prescription or insurance to order as they have U.S. licensed doctors and pharmacies who review your request and if approved fill and ship the meds overnight. They only use FDA approved meds which are the same as your local pharmacy and none of the overseas junk my doctor says. I have been getting my meds from here for about a year and they really have helped. Before I started using them I could hardly get out of bed somedays and forget about picking up the kids!

    Hope you find this information helpful!

    Post edited to remove URL, solicitation is not permitted on Spine-Health

    Ron DiLauro, Spine-Health Administrator 03/0/09
  • advertisement
Sign In or Register to comment.