Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

AGe limits and present exercise regimen

advertisement

Comments

• I had some injections yesterday, too...facet joints...the only thing I had not yet had injected.

It is interesting how different each injection experience can be. I can recall early on being laid up for several days with pain.

Did anyone tell you to restrict your activities for 3 days after the injection? Most doctors say the opposite -- that you should take it easy for the rest of the day and then can go about your "regular" routine. A chiropractor-friend of mine had told me she always advises her patients, and family members to restrict activity for at least the first 48 hours. Yesterday, my new doctor told me three days...and he is very insistent on that. He said that if you exercise or are otherwise active, it just causes the medicine to get pumped through the body and it ends up getting dissipated before it does any good.

I figure if I'm going to all the trouble of having the injection, I can take a couple days off and take it easy just in case it makes a difference.

That's so funny about your puppies!! I bet they'll repeat that story many times.

xx Gwennie
  • I've had too drs. with both epidurals and not one has said anything one way or another. Thanks for the info. I'll take it to heart next time...It's way too late this time....Humph!
  • advertisement
  • You seem to be resigned to Fusion as your only surgical option. I never accepted that option without doing lots of research and I eventually found a surgeon who told me that it was actually not the only option. He suggested decompression. I had it done in February last and now I am pain free after suffering for 5 years with the dreadful and debilitating pain of Lower Lumbar Stenosis. It also sounds to me that you are a very active and indeed a very fit person and therefore you need to look at the restrictions that may possibly be placed upon you in the future by choosing fusion over decompression, particularly if you want to continue all your present activities.

Remember it is your body and you are in charge so don't accept anything less than you so rightly deserve deserve.

John B
  • Thanks, I'll look into it.
advertisement