Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

Lover Back pain feels like a knife stabbing me when I move!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,578
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:33 AM in Lower Back Pain
I fell down stairs 2 years ago amd broke my jaw in 3 places and hurt my back. I was on the job so it was workers comp.
They did 2 MRI's and said it was arthritis but I was in physical therapy for 3 weeks and it helped a lot but pain never has gone away. They said that workers comp would not cover the injury even though I didn't have it before.

I still live with pain every day. Have gone to the Doctor 3 times and they always give me anti-inflammitory drugs such as Mobic and Naprosyn which do not do anything. They don't even listen to what I have to say so I quit going and have been toughing it out but the pain is worst. It now feels like a knife stabbing me in the butt and sometimes in the legs. I get in the Hot Tub every day and that helps but other than that I don't have anything that relieves the pain.

I have had bad experiences with the Doctors I don't know what to do but seem to be getting worse. I feel like I am wap-sided in the way I walk and stand.

Does nyone have any advise or know anything they could recommend.



  • sorry to hear your pain is bad. if the anti inflammitory drugs arent helping i doubt the arthritis is causing the pain. just because mri shows no damage doesnt mean theres no damage. you fell down the stairs, broke your jaw, youre in pain. you must have some damage. sometimes just the smallest bulge in a disk can cause as much pain as a large herniation. my advice is to see a new spinal surgeon and have him check you out. mri's are good but sometimes they miss a disc problem. there is a disk test that's excellent. its the discogram. maybe another spinal surgeon wtih fresh eyes can find the problem. if the insurance co. set you up with the doc that might be a reason to be suspicious. you may want to protect yourself by getting a WC lawyer
    good luck....pete
  • So sorry to hear about all that. To me is sounds like a sciatic nerve problem. I have that too, presumably from spondylosis in my lumbar area. I'll get a shooting pain in my butt cheek and going down the back of my leg, mostly my right side. I've actually had issues with it since my second pregnancy, but has gotten worse with my spinal issues. As Pete said you probably have some disc problems causing the pain. If your doctors don't listen then you need to find one who will and they are out there. Just sometimes takes some looking around. Perhaps asking around to people you know will help. You should probably try for another new MRI of your lumbar area.

    Also, sometime you need to go easy on the heat as it can make inflammation worse. You should alternate with heat and ice. Maybe buy a back brace at a drug store for now to help support your lower back until you find a doctor who will listen and help you. Good luck.
  • advertisement
  • i have some ? for you. did you report your injure to your boss. if so in some states you have up to 3 years that you can still fight to make workers comp pay for your drs. you may have to call some lawyers to help you out on this. this way you can fight to find a good dr to help you out with your pain. my advice is to call around to some lawyers and see what they can do to help you out with this case and get you to a good dr that will help you out. i hope you get to feeling better soon. if not pain free at least enough that you can enjoy some sort of life. good luck with everything that you are going through.
  • Sounds like what I had when my injury first occured, you should really get an MRI. I am on WC, and it's because I had a stabbing pain when I bent over. I hope you feel better. It really sucks to live with this!
This discussion has been closed.
Sign In or Register to comment.