Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

ACTICARE STIMULATOR

backman01bbackman01 Posts: 97
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:34 AM in Lower Back Pain
Can anybody tell me if the acticare stim works?and how much does it cost?? pm dr said i will be getting one in the mail in 10 days she said it will have a belt that will be easier.
Thanks Rick ncpa
advertisement

Comments

• i'm not familiar with the acticare stimulator. but i assume it is like other tens units that have two battery charged leads that give a pulsating current to the skin. after you get it hooked up let us know how you like it....pete
  • It appears to be a souped up TENS unit that is sold in the UK and Australia for around $330 US. If you Google it, you will find the Acticare site has a lot of good information in regards to the unit and it's accessories.

"C"
  • advertisement
  • i have been banging on about the acticare since joining here in fact i was talking to one of the girls the other day {at acticare } about the people in other parts of the world and if they would benefit from the trial period and the answer is yes i can give you the direct phone number ,just put your code for the UK in first and tel them that you have been talking to Anthony beer and you are a spine health member .the number is 08000281400.the unit is a first class high end TENS and an external spinal cord stimulator .you get the unit its about the size of 20 cigarettes .the desk charger 4 rechargeable batteries /a carry case /like a camera bag} i tens lead and i pack of PALS electrodes .they may send tyco instead of PALS .if you use the unit on the TSE mode that's the spinal cord stimulator .it will go through your batteries very fast this is not a fault .what i have done is buy another couple of sets of better higher output nicads and 2 stand alone chargers for when i use the acticare on the TES mode. there are 3 TES modes and 2RF modes and 8 TENS modes 6 normal TENS and 2 high frequency modes.i tend to use TENS MODE 3 for my lower back and my other acticare on the TSE 2 mode .{yes i have 2 acticares }.unlike a normal TENS you can use the machine 24/7 or until the batteries run out because you can turn the timer off ..so you can sleep with it on all night if you wish .if you are ordering from outside the UK order another lead a long type because the one that comes with it i have found to be a bit too short ..i have my acticare in my pocket and when you sit down you have to take it out of your pocket as the lead wont reach you have to sit with it on your lap! so get a long lead .also the leads will require changing if you use the acticare on a regular basic as it gets hard and the unit registers a fault and says check your lead and pads .at first i thought that the acticare was faulty ..it was not it was just the lead or the pads coming off my body.if you have sensitive skin you can order the blue version of any make of electrodes i recommend the PALS or the tyco.i have had my acticare for 4 years and found them to be very good i have one of them on now .i use mine everyday day about 20 hours a day.i don't think that i can give you any more information but if you have any questions i am sure that i will have the answer regarding acticare
    STRAKER
  • i have talked to the people at acticare about people outside the UK that want this device and they have agreed to extend the trial period {its normally 30 days in the uk} i don't know what the length would be you would have to agree a time when you place your order .you will find the staff very friendly and understanding
    STRAKER
  • Thank you guys for the info on the stimulator,iam looking foreward now to get it very informative information Thanks again Rick ncpa
    failed l45 fusion,failed scs,lots of scar tissue.
  • advertisement
  • I tried this yesterday i have to push on the pads or i cant feel anything,i have it on 3 that is enough.when i feel it,this just seems to be a pain in the butt when i move around the sensation gets weaker till i push on the pads.Rick ncpa
  • are you using the acticare on the TSE mode {the on spine mode?} because you are not supposed to be able to feel anything! apart from TSE mode 3 that mode feels like TENS 1 .the reason for no feeling is so it wont annoy you and it uses a different frequency than when its in TENS mode .also unlike TENS mode TSE uese deep radio waves to stimulate you spinal nerves ..my advice make sure that you have the electrodes on the correct position .ie one on your neck and one mid back ..if used as a normal TENS you will find that TENS mode 3 is more than powerful for you lower back .also TSE mode is accumulative .stick with it my friend,if you want any more info please contact me #STRAKER
  • TSE MODE 3 is the only TSEE mode that you will feel anything and its the weakest mode in the YSE range its to make you feel better in yourself .both TSE 1 AND 2 are therapeutic modes and they do work .if you were to use TENS modes on your spine you would feel sick as the stimulation would be too much .the acticare is a very powerful device .you will also fins that when used on TSE mode the batteries that come with the device will run down very quickly THIS IS NOT A FAULT my advice would be to get another stand alone charger and set of higher output batteries so that you can always have power .if you just use the device on TENS mode the batteries {when fully charged will last about 12 hours without a charge } the batteries supplied are low amperage i would advise 2800ma or higher i managed to get some 3000ma batteries of the Internet and a quick charger as i use the TSE mode a lot the batteries also get very hot when used on TSE mode .this is not a fault .when used on normal TENS the batteries tend not to get that hot . you can turn off the times .so you can use the unit until the batteries run out .the electrode's supplied used to be PALS but i think that they send out tyco now .they are high quality i use the tyco blue as my skin is sensitive.
    good luck with it ..
    STRAKER
  • Hello,
    Wow,i am doing this all wrong i will call doc tomorrow to see if i can get help with setting it up.i was going to send it back i cant stand that feeling all day this is nothing but frustration to me Thanks Rick in penna
  • sounds like pads arent sticking properly. make sure you shave and clean placement area. if necessary put tape over pads to hold better... dont give up yet. maybe straker can help.
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.