Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

'Nights in Rodenthe' Has anyone watched this?

cateyesccateyes Posts: 123
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:34 AM in Water Cooler
OK, I'm not too sure if I spelled that correctly, has anyone else seen this movie? I thought it was great! I would love to share a "What you must see" movie suggestion topic. If you've seen or will see this movie the house on the beach is my dreamhome. Well, I don't care for how it's decorated on the inside but otherwise it's beautiful. This is a good movie for those who like a good romance. I have plenty of suggestions if anyone would like any. I am also open to suggestions from others of any new releases that I may not have seen yet. 'Nights in Rodenthe' stars Diane Lane (whom I like) and if you would like to watch another good movie that stars her husband 'Josh Brolin' (yummy, yummy, yummy) then I suggest 'No Country for Old Men'. This is another great movie and even if it wasn't it's worth watching just to look at Josh Brolin for a couple of hours.
advertisement

Comments

• :H Yes, I saw this movie and would love to have a beach house. It relaxed you just seeing the scenery.

I recently saw "The Proposal" with Sandra Bullock, very funny, highly recommend, even a man would like it. Just saw "Julia and Julie" - very good also. Meryl Streep is Julia Child -- she's such a good actress. This was my first foray to the movie theatre in almost a year. I went with a friend and brought my cushions and pillows to prop up my left leg (sciatica). Great thing about movie seats is you can lift up the arm and take up more than one seat.

Take care,

Judy
  • I agree, the seats in the theatre's are great and I love them. I want to see both of the movies you suggested, especially 'Julie and Julia'. Some other movies that I suggest are 'The Kingdom' and 'Dan in Real Life'. 'The Kingdom' is a drama and takes place in Saudi Arabia but is very interesting. Back to Nights in Rodanthe, yes the scenery is relaxing. I love the ocean and it's my favorite getaway. I even love going on Cruises. I'd be perfectly happy to never even leave the ship as long as I was up on the deck kicking back and relaxing with the water all around. I love sleeping on the ships and the rocking motion, it just rocks me off to sleep. Gee, now I just have to make it to the beach sometime soon.
  • advertisement
  • hi!!! :H i just watched area 9(?) about the aliens.. :? i agree about the seats... what a great thing for us spineys!! LOL! would not recommend the movie.. too much guts and gore.. not enough brains and thought!! :? anyway, movies are great fun!! =)) if only we could get to them more! :P Jenny :)
  • Too much guts and gore, not enough brains and thought. I laughed at that! I'm not a big fan of gore but I do enjoy watching the movie '30 Days of Night', the whole idea of being so isolated for 30 days in the dark with murderer's hunting me, it's so claustrophobic. I have to admit that I actually liked that one as my husbands eyes roll when I turned to it. I did add 'The Proposal' to my Netflix after it was suggested above. I was curious about Alien 9 but I guess I can skip that one. Thanks for the heads up.

And yes, those movie seats ROCK!
  • I just spent a week In Rodanthe :D

The house used in the movies was/is for sale.
    Do a search for Midgett real estate and it should show. Not cheap, but less than some in the area.

I have never seen the movie. I told my wife I expected her to watch it before we went, but she did not.

Love the area. Hurricane Bill stirred the ocean up on Fri, Sat. Big, foaming, brown mess, but kind of neat to see. Alas, had to come home and back to work, yuck...
  • advertisement
  • I am soooo jealous! I would love to go there and now you've told me that you recently went? Here's an idea, how about we but that house togther? It's a beautiful house in the movie, was it as awesome is person? What state is that in? Oh, I am so so jealous! Yes, your wife should have seen the movie first but at this point she at least needs to see it now. I will look it up just for kicks. You lucky dog you. In the movie they go through a hurricane while they are in the house. It looked fun to me as I enjoy being scared in stormy weather. I just have a massive fear of tornados.

Funny thing is that once I went to Niagra Falls all by myself just for the heck of it, I flew from AZ to Canada just to go. Of all things that could've happened I was driving back to my hotel in Niagra on the Lake (beautiful little town) and was caught in a huge storm that spawned some decent sized tornados. I was on the freeway and there was one on each side. I was petrified and when I finally got to my room the warnings were still in effect and I just stayed on the floor wimpering un till it was all over.

Who would think of tornados in Canada? It never crossed my mind! Well Wrambler, get back to me on the beach house so we can get escrow through as quickly as possible. LOL!
  • I am soooo jealous! I would love to go there and now you've told me that you recently went? Here's an idea, how about we but that house togther? It's a beautiful house in the movie, was it as awesome is person? What state is that in? Oh, I am so so jealous! Yes, your wife should have seen the movie first but at this point she at least needs to see it now. I will look it up just for kicks. You lucky dog you. In the movie they go through a hurricane while they are in the house. It looked fun to me as I enjoy being scared in stormy weather. I just have a massive fear of tornados.

Funny thing is that once I went to Niagra Falls all by myself just for the heck of it, I flew from AZ to Canada just to go. Of all things that could've happened I was driving back to my hotel in Niagra on the Lake (beautiful little town) and was caught in a huge storm that spawned some decent sized tornados. I was on the freeway and there was one on each side. I was petrified and when I finally got to my room the warnings were still in effect and I just stayed on the floor wimpering un till it was all over.

Who would think of tornados in Canada? It never crossed my mind! Well Wrambler, get back to me on the beach house so we can get escrow through as quickly as possible. LOL!
  • Can't buy it for 6 years.... We just closed on a townhouse for our sons to use while in college. We are keeping it 6 years, 3 for each son while at school, then we are selling it.

Then I am buying my retirement home, somewhere, not sure it will be the outer banks, but somewhere similar!

That is North Carolina. It's a 9hr 41 minute drive from here, But worth it!
advertisement