Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
Data Entry Job – SCAM!

We are aware that someone out there is using our CEO’s name and our company name to “recruit” people for a data entry job. It is a fake. Please do not give them any of your personal information. We are not now, nor have we ever, had data entry positions available.

Worried- oxycontin shortage

advertisement

Comments

• I remember this shortage earlier this year. I had no idea we were experiencing another until Meydey mentioned it in her post.

Hope it is a short shortage and manufacturing will be back to normal PDQ.
  • Well, thank goodness I'm back on again. They let me go to another pharmacy who had it in stock. However I was warned through my search that my next refill won't be guaranteed due to the shortage, and that I should talk to my doctor about the possibility of moving on to something else. I will address this issue at my next refill appt because I don't want to face this problem all the time. Oh, and last night I was getting sick and felt muscle spasms all over, my stomach was crampy and jumpy, had diarrhea, and just an overall feeling of malaise. I knew this was nothing and the tip of the iceberg. Thank goodness I'm done with that.
  • advertisement
  • Glad another pharmacy had the med you needed. My stomach just started the same thing this morning. I hope it passes quickly for you and me.
  • Sounds like you were experiencing withdrawal....

Glad you have it resolved for now.

Maybe, you could try (try) to stretch this refill out, just in case you have difficulty with your next refill?

OR, hopefully the shortage will be gone by then. I am going to see if I can find out anything about it.
  • I was kind of surprised I'd experience symptoms so quick; I guess it doesn't waste any time huh? I wonder what my doctor will do next visit. I feel back to "normal" now.
  • advertisement
  • I contacted a pharmacist I know (way up over in Jersey). This was his reply to me:

"I haven't heard anything about any new shortages. I just remember some people coming into my pharmacy saying other stores say they don't have it in the area (New Jersey), but nothing concrete about a shortage. We haven't had any trouble getting oxycodone 5, 15, and 30mg as of today. I will let you know if I come across anything."

Maybe what happened in your case was just a freak accident vs an actual 'shortage'?

Anyhoo - just wanted to share this info with you, and hopefully give you some postive news?

Take care!
  • I heard from two pharmacists that there is a production problem with Oxycontin due to government restrictions and the lawsuit between the brand name and generic makers. I don't know the full scope of the problem. Is this a sporadic regional shortage or a growing nationwide concern? It's hard to say when you get conflicting reports. Anyhow, I do hope this issue is resolved soon for the sake of those with chronic pain who need it to make it through the day.
  • (Sorry Meydey - not that I want you to bear the brunt of the shortage...)

Here in Louisiana, we had a shortage of sorts earlier this year. And I do believe it was because of the Manufacturers and the lawsuits, or what ever it was... I didn't have any problems this last refill (8/17). I do remember when we had the shortage, I was only "inconvenienced" one month. Actually, it was my Mom's prescription. I didn't have any problem with getting mine refilled about 2 weeks after that...

I sure do hope things straighten out for you, and SOON!

I wish I was the type that could manage to have a few day's worth saved up. But, I take every last one within the month. Maybe if I could get an increase in the ## of pills in my prescription...

Do you mind keeping us posted on your progress? Thanks!

• I'll keep you posted :H
  • Hi All,
    Yesterday, I had to go and get my monthly supply of Neurotin, and I asked my pharmasit, what was going on with Oxycotin? She told me, that there is no shortage of Oxycotin, but you will not be able to get the generic Oxycodone. They haven't been able to get it for a couple months now. I then asked about Percocets, that drug was fine in generic. They are just not producing pure oxycodone. So here's the scoop in Wisconsin.
advertisement