Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

one year post op c1c2 fusion- hell of a surgery and recovery

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,322
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:36 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
hey guys . . .. how r u?? wow. . so long no post or write. i am one year post op and wow . .what a journey.

i feel great. i am getting married. . . .i work full time as a nursing supervisor . . .. i have recovered.

OMG i even rode a roller coaster with my son - holy crap eh??

i go for occasional massage therapy and take tylenol for pain . . .all is good.

please email if u need support for post op recovery of any fusion. I know I had the worst surgery possible and I have recovered.
advertisement

Comments

• i am so happy to hear of your successful surgery and now you are looking forward to a wonderful marriage...youre right all is good. most of the folks here are still in pain....one of these days you will have to tell us your secret... :-C :-C
  • hey . . lol really no secret. Each post op day for me was a challenge. However, I believe it is the perseverance and want to get better that got me through this.

I hit rock bottom when I injured myself. Life was over for me. But I had an awakening one day . . lol . .and knew I would get over this.

Of course I still get neuro symptoms slightly and need to manage but .. . .I do it.
  • advertisement
  • Please enable PM receipt. I cannot reply to your message.

"C"
  • If I have to have surgery on three levels of my C spine will I have to have a halo? Is that where they screw the connections into your skull for neck support?
  • I am almost 5 mos. post op from similar op, 2 areas. Posterior entry should be against the law. LOL What a journey -pretty much says it all! Very tearful, painful, depressing event the entire recovery process. Pete is right - most people in here are in alot of PAIN, so it's good to run across a success story such as yours. I totally understand "the worst surgery possible". I am 95% healed & only have minor muscle soreness from being able to be so active again. Heating pad comes in handy! I am so happy to hear you are RECOVERED!!! YAY!!!
    YOU GO GIRL =D> AWESOME
    oh........... CONGRATS - YOU'RE GETTING MARRIED! LIFE MUST BE SOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD FOR YOU!!!
    yeeeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :O)
    roxy54321 said:
    hey guys . . .. how r u?? wow. . so long no post or write. i am one year post op and wow . .what a journey.

i feel great. i am getting married. . . .i work full time as a nursing supervisor . . .. i have recovered.

OMG i even rode a roller coaster with my son - holy crap eh??

i go for occasional massage therapy and take tylenol for pain . . .all is good.

please email if u need support for post op recovery of any fusion. I know I had the worst surgery possible and I have recovered.
  • advertisement
  • What wonderful new!

ilene
    Ilene
  • I am glad to hear about your recovery. I will be having surgery soon. The anterior fusion I have had before, but I am scared of the posterior laminectomy with the rods. I hope and pray I can be as strong as you during the entire process!

Thanks for sharing!
    Sweetrobs
  • Why did you have a posterior C1/C2 fusion ? Odontoid fracture ?

Are you able to do some sports ? Drive ? How much rotation did you get back after the c1-c2 fusion ?

Thanks!
  • The surgery did its job but now I have a subluxation from C1 up to the brainstem
    The odontoid process is involved.

Surgery is not recommended.

Which I understand.
    But wonder what the future holds

LormacF
  • Lormac,

How is your recovery going? Can you recommend a surgeon for my dad?

Thanks
    M
    MH
advertisement