Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Facet Joint Pain

advertisement

Comments

• I also cannot pinpoint what is the cause of pain any more, not that I ever knew what the source was/is. But every time I turn over in bed I wake up from pain. It doesn't matter how medicated I am either. I cannot sleep on my left side and can only handle lying on my right side for so long. That leaves my back and I think I snore like there's not enough wood on the planet. I told my wife to elbow me a good one if I'm snoring so I will end this post by saying that officially my pain feels like an elbow right in my side! :)
    Jay
  • I have facet joint arthropy(arthritis) and had some relief with facet joint injections but they offered no Rhizotomy at that pain clinic which may help long term as opposed to so many injections. Standing up with hands on hips and leaning slightly back was a sign the facets were inflammed around the herniated disc like your body swelling up to protect the disc herniation and your spinal cord. It's like my whole body triggered arthritis everywhere in my feet, neck and knees and back all at once. It feels like a knife for sure. Be careful getting up out of bed. Using the logroll and the arm underneath you to slowly pull yourself up can help. I hope your can get your injections soon to help. Like usual I swear by my infrared platinum heating pad to offer temporary relief while sitting. I hope you have less pain soon. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • advertisement
  • At least you give your wife permission to hit you if you snore. I have to be "gentle" when my husband is shaking the house down. X( :) Thank goodness it isn't too often.

I just am trying so hard to pin point what my pain is. I know it really doesn't matter, it is what it is. But like I said originally, I didn't even know my facet joints had issues. My doc told me it explains the pain though, so I'll believe him. :)

I too hurt when I move in bed. It feels like my hips/back are in a vice. Fortunately though my meds do help. If I don't take them daily, I am in a world of hurt. :''(

Ming, I know exactly what you mean. I rarely shave my legs, and have my husband do it when they really need to be done. It just hurts! So I'm a little chubaka for a while. :D