Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

My new PM appointment this mornin, yeah!!!!

HollieSterling38HollieSterling38 Posts: 390
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:36 AM in Pain Management
I know I've only been in and out this last couple of weeks here at SH.
Have had a bad time at it, lately.
But today is the day for my big interview, LOL.
I sure hope she can help me, but not getting my hopes up.
Will let you know how it goes this afternoon when I get home.
I thank those of you who have been there for me.
You all know how good that feels!
Wish me luck, need a little here and there,LOL!
You all have a good as you can day!!!

advertisement

Comments

• hope it goes well
  • Hope she can help you, Hollie. I have a female PM Dr., and she is wonderful.
  • advertisement
  • i hope everything goes well good luck and thank you for you support with my problems
    STRAKER
  • I hope everything goes well with the new Doctor.
    Please update us when you get back!!
    Hugssssss >:D<
    Patsy W
  • you deserve a decent doc after what you have been through. hope there is a reasonable solution. best to you...pete
  • advertisement
  • Had to give myself some coop time after that drive!!! So glad I don't live in the city,LOL!
    You can't take the country outta this girl!

She was great!!!!! I really like her. Here's the plan....she's gonna ween me off hydracodone and she put me on ms contin 15mg to start x 2 a day and baclofen 10mg x3 a day. She is setting me up with a dr to have SCS removed and she's gonna schedule ESI for L-spine and I see her again in two weeks to adjust meds if needed and talk about further actions. I am an honest person when it comes to my drs and I let her know as I have all my drs that I smoke maryj for pain/nausea/sleep.. She told me more than half her patients do and she's all for it!! Thank God! Please don't judge me, I sit at home and use it for medicinal purposes, not partying!!
    I'd drink if I could, but with tummy and meds, I'm not going to, haven't had a drink in 7 years.
    Gotta rest now... Take care guys!
    Big hugs to all

• That's amazing. Does she even do urine screens or pain contracts? Where I am is very strict and we would be tossed out for using marijuana even for medicinal purposes. Anyway, I'm glad your new doctor is helping you out finally. Take care
  • you really pulled the rabbit out of the hat with that dr...you deserve it
    by the way you should change your name to
    honest hollie
    do you want to run for president?
  • nah.. I said I'm honest!
    Yes there's a contract and pee test...maryj is the only thing she allows, and the only nonprescription i do, other than benedryl..she said even if I have to go to ER I'm only allowed to have a shot and no pills from anyone else except what my pcp gives me, Xanax and lexipro. I don't lie when it comes to this stuff cuz u get caught lying you might as well prepare to suffer, cuz then you're a liar and you'd never find a good dr to take u... Like if she had a problem with the smoking I'd find another dr... Or quit smoking... But thank God all my drs wish it was legal for them to give it to me, they all say they would if they could.
  • I'm still amazed because most doctor are conservative and ultra conservative when it comes to prescribing pain meds. The ones I know wouldn't even give an aspirin if they knew someone was smoking Maria Juanita. My pain clinic tests for everything under the sun, even alcohol. Believe me, I saw the long, long list while dropping off my specimen cup.
advertisement