Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Medial Branch Nerve Block and RFA - your experiences please?

advertisement

Comments

• I'm not sure how to interpret what I am reading here. Are medial branch blocks different than RF ablation? From what I am reading the medial branch block is extremely painful and the outcome just as painful and uncertain. How does RFA factor in? If I am reading correctly RFA appears to work. Overall I cannot get over doctors causing pain to cure pain. What??? I don't understand.
  • I had this procedure done on my lumbar spine, L2-L5. I am a week and half out, and so far...my pain has been significantly reduced. I was sore for a few days, but after that so much better! I my doctor has been exceptional through the entire process, which I think it very important . I have virtually complete degenerative of the cartilage between 4 vertebra, arthritis, sciatica, and stenosis. Surgery is my only other option. But, as of today...I am virtually pain free! If this last for two months or two years, I would do it again in a heartbeat!
    Ann- 40 years old, degenerative spine L3-S1, arthritis of the spine, stenosis.
  • advertisement
  • LeahmariaLLeahmaria Posts: 1
    edited 07/11/2015 - 11:34 AM
    i had the procedure done in 5 areas in my spine. I hesitated for over a year but was in so much pain even with strong pain meds I had to do something. I was just existing. Well, first I have to admit it was not a pleasant experience. They cannot deaden all the area because I guess they need to know if they are in the right place. I had two trials and then the procedure. I cried my eyes out (silently). BUT, I believe it has WORKED!!!!! I have less and less pain every morning. This morning I woke up to no pain at all. I still am taking pain meds but not as often and when I do take them they work. I couldn't be happier! I wish I could guarantee all of you the same results, but we are all different . It has been almost two weeks and I feel like a new person. Just remember it is no fun to go through!

Welcome to Spine-Health
    Please click on link for helpful information!
This discussion has been closed.