Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Confused after scs trial

advertisement

Comments

• One thing that seems to help a LOT of spouses "get it" is to have them attend your appts. Beg, plead if needed, hearing the words come from someone elses mouth really helps as they can believe we are being truthful.

Been there, done that.
  • Thanks to all of you for your kindness and concern. I think I am getting closer to making a decision since I have been in so much pain after the trial. I am realizing now how much it actually helped me. I still need to talk to my PM doctor about some issues and need to talk to my husband who actually thinks I'm not even considering getting the permanent SCS.
    He works 58 hours a week and I don't really get to sit down and talk too him much! He really thinks that the hardware in my back is causing me all of this pain and therefore getting another implant would just cause more pain for me.

As far as the permanent implant goes, my 24 yr. old daughter has just moved home so I wouldn't be totally alone after the surgery.

Anjuan, congratulations on your successful trial!
    Dave, I hope you are doing well also!
    Wrambler, He went with me for the trial placement and listened to everything that was said!!
  • advertisement
  • Thank you for the well wishes. I have had better days but am still plugging along. Unfortunately for me, none of the Hospitals in my area will do an SCS implant. I have to travel to another state (about 30 miles) to get the implant. I'm waiting on my appointments to be established now.

Not to play devils advocate here, but your husband might have a point, especially if you have back pain. I had my hardware removed last year for several issues:

1.) Back Pain
    2.) Right Foot Drop
    3.) Nerve Pain in both legs and feet

The hardware removal fixed 2 out of the 3 problems. The foot drop is completely gone and the majority of the back pain is gone. I have severe arthritis and SI Joint dysfunction so obviously that wasn't going to be fixed by the hardware removal. Maybe your husband has a point. They can do a block around the hardware (I did not have one) to determine if it is causing problems. Check into it, removing the hardware might help some of your problem and eliminate the need for an SCS or boost the success of one.

Just a thought.

Dave