Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

In terrible pain, not due to see doc for a month

Comments

• Thanks to all. Susan I am glad you responded because I wanted to tell you that I did follow your advice about how to have the talk with my doc about making the change off the opana. I have to admit it was a bit uncomfortable for me. He was pretty resistant to the change, insisting at one point that no drug will help nerve pain and that I need to go on a steroid pac, and stick with the opana. As I said in my post above I just tried to remember what you wrote and said I really feel like I have given the opana a far shot here with increasing the dosage and it just doesn't seem to work. That's when he finally gave in and said ok fine we can change it. You are so right about the staff too. Most of the people at this office have been great to me, and one woman in particular who is always there when I go was not today. A different lady was there who I haven't met before, and it was funny as she brought me into the exam room she whispered to me "did you bring in your meds?", and I thought that was a bit strange. No one else was around, so why the whispering, and she made it seem weird like I had done something wrong. The doc actually never asked to see my meds. I pulled them out of my pocket book and he didn't bother to count them. They were just refilled the other day, and there was a flag at the pharmacy because someone duplicated his rx pad or something so all his rx had to be verified by phone. I agree I'm sure that one dose of the new med is not really an accurate measurement of whether it will work or not. I think that was my exhaustion talking. I hardly slept at all last night. I am hoping between the steroids, the oxycontin and the new muscle relaxer I will be better off. Sorry if I rambled here. This is a great forum and I am so happy to have found it.
    Thanks to everyone for your help
  • I too took/take my meds with me when I am making a change. My Dr has never asked to see them, but I still show him any ways lol It's like I like to KNOW 100% that he KNOWS I am on the up & up - ya know lol ;)

Hope your meds help you soon :)
    L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • advertisement