Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

ALIF This Wednesday

lisa burekllisa burek Posts: 855
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:39 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi Fellow Spineys,

Well, tomorrow is the "big" day. Feeling anxious and just want to be on the other side of surgery and let recovery start.

Shielie, good luck. Someone else I think is scheduled for tomorrow but my brain-fog won't let me remember who it is.

Please send good Spiney/neckie vibes! I'll post after surgery when I am able to.
advertisement

Comments

• We'll be praying for a successful surgery and rapid recovery. Just remember not to push it, follow doctors orders, take your pain meds and stay ahead of the pain. Use your grabber, etc., and let people take care of you.

Linda
    3 level spinal fusion, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1, November 2008. Stiff, but I can walk.
  • Thanks for your good wishes. My Mom will be staying over for however long we need her. Also my "preschool Moms" will be helping with the driving to and from school/dance. Thank goodness for the help of others.
  • advertisement
  • Perfect! It is helpful to have some support like that, particularly with the kiddies. That way you can put all your attention to rest and recovery, and let others worry about the day-to-day stuff.

Wishing you an inspired surgeon and an uneventful recovery ;)

Gwennie
  • SpineAZSpineAZ WiscPosts: 1,084
    Best of luck to you!
    2 ACDFs, 2 PCDF, 3 LIFs; Rt TKR; Rt thumb fusion ; Lt thumb arthroplasty; Ehlers Danlos 
  • Best of luck Lisa. I hope your procedure is completed quickly and accurately. I also wish you little pain :)

Take Care my Friend,
    Traci
  • advertisement
  • Hope it all goes well Lisa and that your recovery goes smoothly too.
  • good luck lisa! ill be thinking of you. you will be in recovery in no time!
  • Well, it's here - surgery day. I'm thinking of you today and wishing you all the best. I'm also hoping that they can control your post-op pain.

Take care and I'm anxious to see your first post-op post.

Cath
  • Hi Lisa

I missed seeing your post but hope your surgery went well. I'm really pleased with my ALIF and hope you will be too.

Trish

XLIF L2-4 20.8.15
    ALIF L4/5 2009
    Laminectomy/discectomy L4/5 2008
  • As usual, sending you some O:) O:) O:) to hang out in the surgery room with you today -- All will be well and chat with you on the other side!

Remember this is your time for a little extra "TLC" - sending you healing and comforting thoughts -- and best wishes for a successful surgery and recovery!

Judy
    :D
advertisement