Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Spinal Stenosis or What?

Comments

• Hi new here also. I have been diagnosed with spinal stenosis bulging disc l4-l5 sacrolitis and degenerative disc disease. That's alot and I'm only 43! I have been dealing with this for years but has just gotten really intense in the last month so much so that I'm missing ALOT of work due to the flare-ups which cause me not to be able to walk sit or stand which my work requires me to do and I do drag my left leg. I am going to have an MRI this week to see the progression of the stenosis I have done the steroid injections which have only lasted a week each had two of them did steroids by mouth inflammatory drugs which rip my stomach apart, therapy and chiropractic care. I have seen a neurosurgeon which was no help. I'm so depressed and upset that I could be crippled very soon I use to work at UPS and was very active and now my work is desk sitting standing and walking but I don't know what to do anymore I'm at my wits end and don't know what to do anymore surgery is not an option right now.i joined this forum because no one understands how I feel of course I laugh and giggle and tell jokes and everyone says oh you are fine but as soon as I start to walk you can see it in my face the pain and hurt. Hopefully joining this will help me and no one will judge me and my severe pain
  • Baby breeze
    I have spinal stenosis plus alot more and sitting and standing are severe I do not have the disc herination I have the disc bulge but it is getting to the point that I'm getting so tired of walking that it totally drains me and I'm exhausted from it. I hardly sleep and it seems like pain meds don't even help at all. I do walk bent over and cannot stand straight at all without having severe pain. I would love to loose some weight but how can I can barely walk? It's so frustrating.
  • advertisement

• This is a very old thread, so is not likely to attract many people.

You will meet lots of very friendly people here who truly understand what living in pain from spine problems is like. No-one here will judge you. We will support you and are always willing to listen and help where we can.

• Nala I have had two MRI of the neck and lower back and have been to a neurologist had pain injections and everything else you can think of I cannot sit for long periods of time standing hurts but the worse is bending over like cleaning out a car which I'm not unable to do because I cannot stand up again I'm so depressed that I don't want to leave the house anymore I do work full time when my flare ups aren't bad but it's getting harder and harder to work so I'm looking into other alternatives but I know your pain
  • GillypGGillyp Posts: 5
    edited 09/17/2015 - 6:51 AM
    Hi all have been in so much pain and the docs are telling me to double up on pain melds. Since last Xmas I have been having cronic groin pain leg top and bottom foot and cronic ankle pain.but over the past coupe of weeks the pain has got worse . Leg and muscle cramps daily and now they have given me quinnies to take. Is anyone else on this med if so do they have any side effects. Thankyou x
  • advertisement
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,521
    edited 09/17/2015 - 7:13 AM
    for any doctor to say Double up your pain medications
    What were you taking , the dosage, etc
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.