Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

tingling & numbness in ring & pinky finger

mrleemmrlee Posts: 67
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:42 AM in Degenerative Disc Disease
Today I had outpatient surgery at hospital in Rome Ga. I had Ulnar Compression and reposition surgery on right arm. Has anyone experience this ,would like to talk. In lots of pain now and hard to type. Having to use Lorcet/plus already had at home. Disease is called Ulnar Cubital Tunnel syndrome.
advertisement

Comments

• mrlee said:
    Today I had outpatient surgery at hospital in Rome Ga. I had Ulnar Compression and reposition surgery on right arm. Has anyone experience this ,would like to talk. In lots of pain now and hard to type. Having to use Lorcet/plus already had at home. Disease is called Ulnar Cubital Tunnel syndrome.
    Howdy Mr. Lee,

See my sig... I went through this plus the Guyon's release and A-1 pulleys in April 2008. Mine was a subcutaneous transposition, and like you on the right arm. :-) If I remember right, I was given Percocet, and I didn't even use half of them. I had more swelling issues than I had pain post surgery. My scar on my arm is pretty hard to notice if you don't know it is there. Same for my hand. Take care. It will get better.

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • I also had subcutaneous ulnar transposition on both arms. It is painful initially but will subside. I would avoid typing until the pain lets up.

Best wishes,

Marianne
  • advertisement
  • Been there, done that. The Subcutanious transposition is probably the easiest transposition surgery to recover from. Did you have this, a simple release or submuscular? The first 3 days seem to be the worst. By week 2, you are pretty used to everything. Then the next big event is getting the bandaging, splint or whatever your doc used removed. You will think your arm will never be the same. Range of motion will be crappy, but it returns pretty quickly if you follow the exercises your Doc will give.

I stayed on pain meds for the first 3 or 4 days. Then I did it as needed and at night. Ice is your friend :)