Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

In 1 moment of time

Comments

• Jim,

I'm sorry to hear about your mom! This is a tough time, but you are stronger than you think you are!!! Take good care of you and her. I hope she can get test results quickly and get a treatment plan started. You and your family will be in my thoughts.

Hugs,
    Traci
  • Jim, so sorry to hear about your mom. Boy, It's so true that your life can change in a heartbeat. I found that out years ago when my mom got sick. I preach about it all the time to family/friends to get them to let small stuff go and smell the roses.

Jim, you are a good man and son with a big heart so I know your mom is in good hands. Thank goodness you and your wife can relocate right now to be with your mom. It will be a comfort for her to have you there to help her and have your love and support. Wow, 6 kids! It doesn't surprise me to hear you are "the guy" from your personality here.It's gonna be hard with you recovering from your surgeries so take care of yourself. Thank goodness your wife is there to help too!

I will keep you, your mom, and family in my thoughts and prayers. Take care!
    Kathy
  • advertisement
  • j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,745
    I take Mom for Cat Scan tomorrow. By Thursday or Friday when we get the biopsy back. We should have enough test results for the Oncologist to map out a plan of attack! We are trying to stay positive. Keep sending prayers please.
    Jim
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • Jim you know like we all do that the waiting is the hardest. Your mother couldn't have a better advocate than you and I wouldn't be surprised to hear that she is a fighter too!! In a few days you will have an agressive plan of attack. Deep down at heart you must be a New Yorker - lol. You want answers and you want them NOW!!

You have the strength of 1,000 spineys behind you. A problem shared is a problem halved.
  • I have been thinking of your mom. I'm sure she is thankful to have you by her side. I know the next few days will be difficult for all of you while you wait for answers. Prayers coming your way~
    Kathy
  • advertisement
    Biopsy's came back. It's Lymphoma and not carcinoma so that was good news. But they don't have her scheduled for oncology for 8 days. And this is fast moving. I'm going to have to swing my purse. And they don't want no part of that! Thanks for all of the prayers and support. Keep em coming please!
    It's amazing what we can still do, when we put our minds too it!
    Thanks, Jim
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • Jim, so sorry I didn't find this until now, but sending prayers for comfort, courage and strength to you, and your family.

Try to spend your time together enjoying the simple things in life....walks in the park, playing cards, watching mindless TV, reading gossip mags and trying to fgure out what's "fact or fiction" :-)

I went through this with a dear friend last year. Some of my favorite memories are ~ we would try to "break a rule a day"!! We spend our life following "rules" How fun it is to break the rules...ie dessert before dinner, having a cocktail at noon because "it's 5:00 somewhere". I still smile thinking of those times!

Praying for you! gentle hugs xxxx Shari
  • I pray that the doctors can get all of the lymphoma in time and that your mother won't need chemotherapy. What a relief it's not carcinoma, but like you said they have to move quickly and take care of it. Please keep us posted when you can. Take care buddy
    Things took a turn for the worse for my mother.To the friends that I have on Spine Health. There are more important things in life that need my full attention. And I won't be on the site much. I'll try to look in from time to time. Thanks for all the support.
    Good luck, Jim
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,362
    I'm sorry to hear that your Mother is worse. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. We understand that you have a lot to do now so don't worry about not being here. Just please keep us posted as you can and let us know how you and everyone are doing.
    Take care my friend. I'll be thinking of you.

Debbie
advertisement