I'd almost made up my mind to have surgery... was going to make the call yesterday or today. Well yesterday, someone I know was very against surgery, and said I should have decompression, and today, finally the pain clinic called -I was referred to them over a month ago. And now I have a consult with the pain clinic for an injection in less than 2 weeks.
Not sure if an ESI is the way to go, since if it doesn't really work, that's wasted time when I could have had surgery. My surgeon says if I leave surgery too long, he won't even do it since it won't be as helpful.
Also just had a 2nd MRI yesterday, so have to wait till he looks at that too.
I will have to do more research, but I'm so tired of reading and researching now.. it all starts to make me a bit nauseous after awhile.
discectomy in June 2010 - success! No sciatic pain, just some remaining numbness in foot. And I get charlie horses a lot.