Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Surgery Approved!!

Comments

• Hi Gwennie

All your hard work has paid off and so happy that your surgery will be going ahead.

Trish

XLIF L2-4 20.8.15
    ALIF L4/5 2009
    Laminectomy/discectomy L4/5 2008
  • Thanks for the kind words. I'm pretty excited about it, which is quite funny when you think about it. Most people dread having surgery. At least I can stop having "surgery envy" now.

Although as my husband cautioned me tonight..."Be sure you get it in writing."

I feel so much lighter tonight. I didn't realize how much this entire episode had stressed me out....
  • advertisement
  • Well done Gwennie!
    Your appeal was so strong and complete that it made them back down. Common sense prevails!
    You have won that battle; now onto the next one; recovering from the surgery.
    I hope that you do as well as I have (without all the complcations!)

I hope you have a wonderful day!! How are you going to celebrate?
  • Your hubby is correct in wanting it in writing. You might be able to get them to fax it to either you or the Dr.'s office.

I loved it when a "WRONG" gets "RIGHTED" Good work.

David
  • I was looking for a dancing smiley but you'll have to settle for the party celebration

<:P<br />
    Congratulations Gwennie! So glad this went better than expected. Now, I'm starting my prayers for your surgery.
  • advertisement
  • That is the best news - I'm so glad for you. Sometimes it just takes persistence to make "them" understand. If you had hesitated or been discouraged this wouldn't have happened. Unfortunately they need reviews like this to weed out the unnecessary surgeries. But good honest people get lost along the way.

Your hubby is so right - get it in writing so there is no misunderstanding. Guess the party will have to wait until you have recovered.
  • Gwennie-congratulations, I have been keeping up with you and your stressful times and hopefully this surgery will do the trick!! Lela =D>
  • Great news Gwennie! I know today will be a much better day for you than if you had to prepare for a Wednesday hearing -- Enjoy!

Judy
  • Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa
  • =D> Great news! So glad for you that you've won this 'fight', let us know more when you can.

P.
advertisement