Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

ACDR 3 days ago

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,082
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Well I had surgery on Saturday and all is good so far. No spasms and just on paracetamol, my throat is good and I ate a roast dinner same day.im tired and sore but so far seems I have been lucky with minimal bad symtoms post op. Nerve pain and all my symtoms have gone already, but I know its very early days. So just to say really yes this op v
can leave you in major pain, thought I would post a more positive outcome. Just 6 weeks of daytime tv to deal with :)
advertisement

Comments

• Thanks for letting us know so quickly how well you are doing. That will be very encouraging for those about to embark on surgery.

It is great news to hear how well you are doing.
    Keep up the good recovery, but don't overdo it. That can happen so easily.
    I am so pleased for you :-)
  • SpineAZSpineAZ WiscPosts: 1,084
    I'm guessing you meant ACDF???? Glad to see you seem to be on the road to recovery.
    2 ACDFs, 2 PCDF, 3 LIFs; Rt TKR; Rt thumb fusion ; Lt thumb arthroplasty; Ehlers Danlos 
  • advertisement
  • Well I was planned for acdf but they ended up with the prestige disc implant
  • just wanted to say thanks, because i am facing the same surgery [a removal though] and am very apprehensive about it. your post gives me a lighter perspective on the outcome. wishing you a speedy recovery, john
  • Glad to hear that you're doing well after your surgery. But, just to be a voice of reason here, you're very early in recovery so be prepared for some additional pain to come your way. That may or may not happen (I hope not) but many of us get a little worse before we get better.

And as you feel better and better, don't forget about your restrictions. It's easy to overdo when you're feeling good then you realize you overdid it and are down for the count with pain because of the additional activity.

Take it easy and keep healing. I'm really glad to hear that you didn't have some of the more serious throat problems cervical surgery post-op can bring and that's great so you can keep up with the meds, vitamins and minerals that will help you recovery. And don't forget about walking when you can. That's a great help for spiney recovery as well.

Congrats and keep up on that great healing.
    Cath
  • advertisement
  • I'm so glad to hear that you're doing well. Hope your recovery continues and you feel better and better every day.

Linda
    3 level spinal fusion, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1, November 2008. Stiff, but I can walk.
  • Thought I would update this post. Wel im 3 weeks post op. My scar on my neck is looking much better thank god, pain, well i have not had any meds for 2 weeks (just the 1st week), my strength is back and I feel much better. im not in pain, I just get the odd pain in my neck and right shoulder but minimal. Im sleeping well and all in all I am so happy I had the surgery. I dont have a follow up for another 3 weeks, and I have another 2-3 weeks off work. Im driving again and getting on with life, all in all I know I have had quite an easy time compared to many, physio said they cannot help me as I was doing so well on my own!!. im not 100% sure about the details of my disc implant, they said it was the prestige disc just held in with 2 screws (1 top 1 bottom)needs to ask some questions next time as to how well it will hold up! Fingures crossed this is my neck sorted.. just need to sort out my lower back now!
  • Thought I would update this post. Wel im 3 weeks post op. My scar on my neck is looking much better thank god, pain, well i have not had any meds for 2 weeks (just the 1st week), my strength is back and I feel much better. im not in pain, I just get the odd pain in my neck and right shoulder but minimal. Im sleeping well and all in all I am so happy I had the surgery. I dont have a follow up for another 3 weeks, and I have another 2-3 weeks off work. Im driving again and getting on with life, all in all I know I have had quite an easy time compared to many, physio said they cannot help me as I was doing so well on my own!!. im not 100% sure about the details of my disc implant, they said it was the prestige disc just held in with 2 screws (1 top 1 bottom)needs to ask some questions next time as to how well it will hold up! Fingures crossed this is my neck sorted.. just need to sort out my lower back now!

• to hear how well your recovery is going.

Interesting to hear of disc replacement surgery. I suspect that is the way that spinal surgery may go in the future. :-)
  • well 7 weeks now since the operation at C5/6 and the pro disc replacement. Well im back at work, lifting, jogging, exercising, swimming and can again play with the kids and lift them up. I can honestly say i have no pain and almost feel like I did a few years back before this all started. My upper body is feeling great. I am so happy I had this done, it has changed my life. Just for info Jelly, the pro disc has been around for a long time and research shows very good results, only downside is it may need to be replaced in 20-40 years, but the benefits outweigh this. I now have an MRI on my lower back for a curvature in my lower spine which is causing me a lot of pain and stomach problems, this is tomorrow so will hear the following week how they will deal with that one.... but the neck is 95% back to normal. Pro disc gets a big thumbs up from me!!!
advertisement