Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

DVT or Respitory ??

Comments

• Oh you know it, I cannot wait to get into that shower and wash my hair....I just took the bandage off and I have to say I am not happy with the way it looks.

Last time it was a nice straight line and looked sealed, this time its all bloody, crooked and so swollen. It has alot of pain and just looks ugly. There is alot of bruising around my incision, I know that will go away but I am not sure about this incision. I am not running a fever so I assume it means its not infected?

My son is home today with a high fever and sore throat, I have to find someone to take him to the doctor as we think he has strep throat! I hope I don't get it!!

I can't imagine keeping the bandage on for 6 weeks, what type of infection did you have? Hows it healing now? Before this surgery you hardly noticed the scar, but I don't see this one looking the same way when its all done. Grrrrrr

Hope your day is going well, I am off to the shower!!!

Sandra
  • oh sweetheart! When it rains it pours and I can so understand that!

Are you still on antibiotics? You may want to call your Dr. and let them know

1. your son has strep~they may just go ahead and put you on antibiotics
    2. how your incision looks

The brusing will go away, but I know it does look ugly and scarey. My first surgery was decompression and I didn't have a blood pump at that time. All that blood just pooled at my lower back/bum. It was awful. But it did heal with time,

Please be so careful, making sure you protect yourself. One word of caution~if your pain meds have any tylenol in them, you may not know you have a fever!

After your son has been on meds for 48 hours, be sure to throw his toooth brush away! :) and have your hubby gather up all his bedding and wash it!

Baby yourself as much as possible! sending a very gentle cyper hug! Shari
  • advertisement
  • They didn't tell me what type of infection I had; jusst that it was an unusual one!
    My incision is all healed up now, although still has a step in it at the top, where is wasn't closed properly. That part of the scar is much wider too. A nurse told me that it always would be; from the infection and the over granulation tissue formation. I am just glad that it is closed and healed at last.

Hope you are now feeling clean!! ;) Lol!
  • I appreciate the advice about the infections....I was just surprised when I saw the incision. It was a smooth straight line last time, and now its looking very bloody and uneven, the scar looks very deep, the swelling may be giving it the distorted look! But its clean!!! Yahhhh I took a shower and it felt GREAT!!! My hair is shiny and smooth, lovely!!!

I have an appointment to take my son to the doctors tomorrow, I am keeping my fingers crossed its not strep, but its looking that way.

I was only on antibiotics during my hospital stay, I put a call in to my doctor but he is in surgery today so i won't hear anything til tomorrow. I am really concerned about the MRSA, thats my biggest fear that it would infect my wound, but I am being very careful so hopefully everything will be fine.

I hope you ladies are having a good day, Shari-I hope you get your pool running soon so you can enjoy it. Have a wonderful afternoon.

Sandra
advertisement